Lead Industrial Designer
HumanCentric was founded in 2015 and is a profitable, high-growth company. Our product line is currently focused on mounting solutions for technology hardware (such as computer monitors and mini-computers), and we plan to expand our business to other product categories over the next two years.
Lead Industrial Designer | Skokie, IL
HumanCentric is currently seeking an Industrial Designer for our growing brand as we continue to rapidly expand our business. You will be employee number three at our newly-renovated Skokie office, and will be the lead designer responsible for the expansion of our product line. We are building our internal design capabilities and will look to you to set up a product development and prototyping lab in our office, launch dozens of new products from concept through manufacturing, and build our brand and refine our brand aesthetic.
- Managing the product development process, from initial brainstorming to launch. You’ll be encouraged to expand your skills, test your creative boundaries, and share new ideas.
- Researching industry trends and developing ideas for potential future products
- Use CAD to design concepts and work with our engineering partners to design, model and test prototypes for products
Experience and Background
- The ability and desire to launch products from concept through manufacturing with a high degree of independence.
- A bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design or related field with at least five years of experience
- Strong fluency with design skills such as rapid ideation, prototyping, sketching, and rendering.
- High proficiency in 3D modeling with SolidWorks, AutoCAD or similar software
- Excellent 2D and 3D visualization, conceptual design, and communication skills
- Working knowledge of all basic shop tools, common materials and properties, and manufacturing processes
- Experience with brand development and overall product experience design (packaging, etc.)
- Extensive experience with the full product development process
- Detailed knowledge of metal and injection-molded plastic manufacturing methods
- The desire to work with a small team to grow a young company in an environment with freedom and flexibility
- Health, dental, and vision plan
- Awesome, flexible paid vacation policy
- Beautiful, newly-renovated office
Had you been with us in the last six months, you would have....
- Led the development of more than 25 of products from ideation to launch with our engineering partners
- Attended CES in Las Vegas to research product trends and attended design industry conferences to sharpen your skills and build your network
- Researched current market trends to ideate product opportunities and create design proposals to expand our business to other product categories
- Collaborated with our internal team to define the strategic direction for our product development efforts