ID Plans combines human talent and online technology to create interactive site plans for property managers. The unique talents and strengths of our team have led the industry for more than 17 years! ID Plans is looking for fearless travelers, to inspect and collect property data at shopping malls around America! Basic irrigation, HVAC, electrical, and tablet computer skills needed. If you enjoy being outdoors and on the go every day, then keep reading!
The Field Data Specialist will travel the country, gathering and reporting important property information around shopping malls and other commercial properties. Working almost entirely on your own, you use hands-on mechanical skills and practical tools like measuring wheels, hand tools, ladders, and a scooter for zipping around big properties.
Along with developing relationships with members of clients on the ground, you will also use your tech skills—drawing on a tablet or iPad, spatially thinking your way around a shopping center, using a wire tracker, laser measure, and our proprietary software to find, measure, and map every detail of shopping centers.
- Tracing irrigation lines, collecting electric meter data, numbering and mapping property lights, cataloging rooftop HVAC units
- Travel, alone most of the time, from worksite to worksite
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Able to travel and be away from home up to 2 weeks at a time (we typically work 10 days on / 4 days off but that may change on occasion to meet client needs).
- Have a reliable SUV, Pick-Up truck, or vehicle that can carry provided equipment such as hand tools, measuring tools, a ladder, measuring wheel, and extension pole.
- You know how to connect to WiFi and Bluetooth, and have experience using tablets and smartphones. You can download and update apps without help, and know how to use a stylus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Confident with heights and ladders. Climbing onto mall rooftops is unavoidable.
- Ability to distinguish colors when dealing with electrical wiring.
- Experience with irrigation or electrical work—for example, tracking and tracing meters or low-level electrical.
Experience & Background
- Experience with landscaping, construction, or general property maintenance.
- Any mapping, floorplan, or blueprints experience (CAD, MS Visio, GIS, or any design software).
- Competitive pay ($18 per hour), plus $200 per month car allowance, fuel reimbursement, paid travel time, and paid training.
- 8 paid holidays, vacation time, and very flexible scheduling.
We value our team and partner with people like us who want to grow while building a professional career and helping each other succeed!