Founded in 1989, IGS Energy was one of the first companies to offer a choice to consumers when purchasing their energy. Today, we supply more than one million residential, commercial and industrial customers with natural gas and electricity, helping them to become smart energy consumers. As an advocate for change in the energy industry, we are committed to efforts that will improve the way we manage and consume energy resources. By offering great low rates and multiple product options, we’re dedicated to meeting the energy needs of today, tomorrowand future generations.
When you become a part of our unique family culture, you can expect to be excited to come to work every day, have your voice heard, and make a difference in the lives of customers and colleagues. With the spirit of a startup and more than 700 employees, teamwork and collaboration are key to our company’s growth, because you never know where an innovative thought might lead. An exceptional wellness program, an innovative and challenging industry, and opportunities for community engagement are just a few of the reasons that make IGS Energy a great place for a career.
Energy Sales Consultant
The Home Energy Consultant for IGS Energy will operate with autonomy as they expand an assigned territory through sales of Natural Gas and Electricity.
- Generate business by working on an assigned territory selling natural gas and/or electricity.
- Use a consultative selling approach; increase customer’s awareness of choice as well as competitive advantage over the energy providers; provide potential customer with pricing and effectively close the sale.
- Assure quality and accurate representation of products; represent the company professionally and ensure that potential customers have an exceptional experience.
- Keep detailed records of sales activity.
- Develop collaborative working relationships with other sales representatives.
Experience & Background
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (friendly, personable, positive personality)
- Highly motivated to sell with a desire to succeed
- Customer focused, results oriented
- Time management skill
- Professional demeanor and attire
- Hours vary by season
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record, a reliable form of personal transportation, auto insurance coverage that satisfies the minimum state requirements.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with company match
- Competitive base salary with unlimited commissions (No kickbacks, no draw)
- Paid training, holidays, and vacation (3 weeks your first year)
- Mileage reimbursement
- Career advancement
- Knowing you are working for one of Business First’s Best Places to Work (2012-2016)