Innovative Environments goes above and beyond the industry standard when it comes to quality and customer service. We have established an exceptional team, with one goal: providing the best possible design and service to our clients.
Innovative Environments specializes in custom technology solutions for our discerning clientele who demand the best in quality, service and performance. As the leading commercial systems firm in Metro Detroit and the Chicago Lands area, we offer a full line of products and services that allow us to create fully customized solutions.
Our team of highly trained and experienced consultants, engineers, programmers and technicians assist clients with everything from entertainment technologies to environmental and lighting controls, surveillance, networking and communications integration. Our Detroit & Chicago commercial services network extends throughout Michigan and Illinois, into Indiana and beyond.
FIELD TECHNICIAN | DETROIT, MI
Great opportunities exist for experienced AV professionals as Senior Technicians at Innovative Environments. The role of the Senior Technician is to provide field installation and commissioning expertise, based on experience and training for the installation of audiovisual (AV) equipment at the client’s location for Innovative Environments.
- Responsibility of configuring, commissioning, testing, and completing the most technically challenging and complex projects.
- UnderstanD the project scope of work, mentoring Installation Technicians, and proper utilization of resources are key elements of this position.
- Ability to trouble-shoot complex audio, video, switching and control systems problems required.
- Preferred applicants should be able to discuss examples of completed projects and provide positive references.
- Ability to setup, test, calibrate and commission equipment and devices as required to produce fully functional systems. This includes video displays, display systems, screens, cameras, switchers, scalers, processors, transmitters, receivers, interfaces, microphones, mixers, amplifiers, controls, and other active and passive devices.
- Be able to manage a team as a single function towards a common goal
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5 years experience in installation/commissioning of AV systems
- AMX & Crestron installation experience
- 3 Audio DSP platform certifications (Examples: Biamp, ClearOne, Polycom)
- 2 Video processing platform certification (Examples: Extron, Jupiter, Christie)
- 1 Control system platform certification (Examples: AMX, Crestron, Extron)
- InfoComm CTS certification
- Good communication skills
- Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet) are required
- Trustworthy and dependable
- Self starter and self motivated
- Team player
- Strong customer skill set