J Frankl C Mallea Associates Architects & Engineers (JFA) is a growing contemporary design firm located in the penthouse floor of 16 Court Street in Downtown Brooklyn. JFA specializes in new construction and renovation of commercial, residential and mixed-used buildings. We are currently seeking a full time Executive Assistant to join our team.
The Office Manager will support the Principal of JFA, assisting with scheduling, printing, mailing, screening phone calls, helping manage client relations, and assist in bookkeeping. They will also assist in the preparation of weekly payroll, manage the company’s bank accounts and credit cards, prepare invoices and followup on unpaid invoices, review and pay invoices and expenses received by JFA, collaborate with our accountant, approve employee time-off requests, assist in hiring and on-boarding of new employees, prepare monthly profit and loss reports as well as other occasional reports, assist in managing the employee petty cash system and reimbursables.
The ideal candidate will be team oriented, detail oriented, organized, proactive, well spoken, have a positive attitude, and is someone who strives to creatively and collaboratively resolve problems. Typical hours for this position are 10am-6pm Mondays – Thursdays and 8am-4pm on Fridays (though hours are somewhat flexible).
- Manage Executive’s scheduling and calendars.
- Reach out to clients and vendors to obtain payment on aging invoices in a professional and thoughtful manner.
- Answer accounting and financial questions through research and interpreting data.
- Assist Senior Staff and Principal in financial projections for the firm, and managing the firm’s electronic filing system.
- Pull financial reports such as firm funds spent on a project, monthly profit and loss reports, monthly bank reconciliation, and other reports as requested by Principal, Senior Staff and Accounting.
- Assist in the preparation of weekly employee payroll for employees and direct deposit system.
- Manage transitcheck program for the office.
- Collaborate with our third-party Accounting firm and provide them with reports and financial data needed for them to complete their work.
- Support Principal and Senior Staff in ensuring staff are following office procedures and using their time and firm resources responsibly.
- Support Senior Staff and the Principal in ensuring client satisfaction and great customer service when interacting with clients and potential clients.
- Arrange travel for the Principal, though travel is infrequent.
- Assist the Principal and Senior Staff in fostering a thoughtful, creative, and open office environment for JFA.
- Assist the Principal in implementing and researching initiatives he’s interested in for the firm such as Employee Wellness Programs.
- Ensure Principal has all the marketing collateral needed for meeting with potential clients and order additional brochures, business cards, and other collateral as needed for Principal’s meetings.
- Collaborate with our third-party Human Resources Representative, and support Principal and Senior Staff in providing HR with items necessary for HR to complete their work.
Experience & Background
- Bachelors in Accounting preferred, Associates degree required at a minimum
- 3 years minimum work experience as an Executive Assistant required
- Complex problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively while being a strong team member who enjoys succeeding in a team environment.
- Flexibility in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Sound business judgement.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite such as photoshop and Indesign is ideal in a candidate, but not required.
- Knowledge of Human Resources best practices and New York Labor Laws is ideal in a candidate, but not required.
- Experience ordering print collateral from print shops such as banners, brochures, and business cards is ideal in a candidate but not required.
- Expert in managing all financial transactions for a firm including receivables, invoices, expense reports, company credit cards, company bank accounts, petty cash, and following up with staff and vendors whenever there is an issue or discrepancy.
- Experience with job posting boards and speaking with potential employee candidates is ideal, but not required, however the ideal candidate will work with Senior Staff to post job descriptions on various job listing websites, track job candidates, and assist in arranging phone and in-person interviews for promising job candidates.
- Experience with AIA Contracts and vendor contracts is preferred, but not required, however the ideal candidate will be interfacing with the firm’s contracts with clients and vendors so the candidate should have experience with legal contracts and maintaining compliance with them.
- Experience with Professional Liability policies and worker’s comp policies is a plus, but not required, however ideal candidate will help the firm manage these and other legal policies for the firm.
- Experience reviewing and approving employee requests for time-off preferred, but not required, however the ideal candidate will manage employee’s time-off requests.
- Salary commensurate to experience.
- Healthcare contribution,
- Subsidized gym memberships
- Transitcheck participation
- Direct deposit
- Flexible work hours
- Time off for Jewish holidays and most USA holidays
- Personal Time off and Unpaid Time off Plan.
- JFA regularly hosts lunch and learns and roof top parties to encourage employee’s growth, development, and collaboration.