Senior Architectural Project Manager
J Frankl C Mallea Associates Architects & Engineers (JFA) is a growing contemporary design firm located in the penthouse floor of 16 Court Street in Downtown Brooklyn. JFA specializes in new construction and renovation of commercial, residential and mixed-used buildings. We are currently seeking a full time Senior Architectural Project Manager to join our team.
- Enforce JFA standards and industry best practices when completing work, and ensuring Junior Staff do the same.
- Perform Quality Assurance reviews of drawing sets.
- Expert in technical detailing for Construction Documents and mentoring Junior Staff on detailing practices.
- Expert in Construction Administration tasks such as RFIs, ASIs, issuing deltas to the field, shop and submittal drawing reviews, and familiarity with CSI Divisions.
- Create Contracts and Project Schedules, ensuring projects stay on schedule and that AdServs are prepped when work out of Contract scope is requested.
- Support the Principal in ensuring client satisfaction on projects.
- Capable of working in a team and mentoring junior staff while being responsible for overseeing the design, construction documents, construction administration, and project administration of building projects from start to finish under the direction of another Senior Project Manager and the Principal.
- Expert in ensuring building designs meet code and zoning requirements.
- Expert in reviewing DOB objections to develop best strategies for addressing objections that still meet both code, the client’s desires, and JFA’s design intent.
- Expert in translating the firm’s design intent into construction documents and ensuring the integrity of that design intent throughout the life of the project.
- Manage consultants on building projects including structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, geotech, expeditors, lighting, and acoustical consultants.
- Some drafting involved. Must be able to balance drafting while managing project and consultant coordination on several projects at once.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills including ensuring all communication for a project is documented, agendas are prepped for meetings, meeting minutes are taken, and projects are properly archived.
- Oversee staffing of projects, ensuring efficient use of firm’s staff and resources.
Experience & Background
- Bachelor of Architecture Degree; Masters Preferred.
- 7 years minimum architectural work experience, with at least 3 years proven Project Management Experience.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically to develop solutions for team.
- Complex problem solving and decision making skills.
- Flexibility in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Sound business judgement.
- Proficiency in NYC building code, NYC Energy Code, NYC Zoning Resolutions, NYC Department of Buildings filing processes, and ADA code knowledge required.
- Experience in a range of NYC projects such as mixed-use, multifamily, commercial, office, and residential preferred.
- Experience in Interior Design in addition to Architectural Experience is ideal in a candidate.
- JFA encourages employees to work towards NCARB licensure, AIA membership, and other certifications such as LEED. Any such licenses and certifications are ideal in a candidate.
- Salary commensurate to experience.
- Healthcare contribution
- Contributing towards subsidizing gym memberships
- Transitcheck participation
- Flexible work hours,
- Time off for ARE testing, Jewish holidays and most USA holidays,
- Personal Time off and Unpaid Time off Plan.
- JFA regularly hosts lunch and learns, vendor presentations, trainings, design charrettes, and roof top parties to encourage employee’s growth, development, and collaboration.