Freezer Team Lead
Since 1945, J.J. McDonnell has built a reputation as being the regions First Choice for Quality Seafood. Our core values and dedication to the customer and industry have enabled us to be a leader for more than 65 years. Our success is directly related to the wellness of your business, and that is why our focus is on you. We offer a large and diverse portfolio of fresh and frozen seafood, and we supply our customers with an abundance of industry and product related information that keeps them knowledgeable and current. We are committed to the sustainability of your business and our industry, and we look forward to serving you anyway we can.
FREEZER TEAM LEAD | ELKRIDGE, MD
This position is responsible for the operations of the freezers and oversight of product on shift.
- Assures that all orders are prepared/packaged according to company and customer specifications.
- Maintain clean, organized and safe work conditions at all times.
- Support any area within the department during manpower shortages.
- Enforces company and department policies and procedures.
- Creates and encourages a team work environment.
- Ensures employees follow company safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for freezer inventory on daily basis.
- Assists in maintaining accurate inventories by performing accurate daily cycle counts.
- Complete projects as assigned
- Fill in various warehouse positions when staffing is short.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, talk and hear.
- The employee is constantly required to use hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and walk.
- The ability to be on your feet for hours at a time.
- The employee is capable of lifting and/or move up to 50-100 pounds occasionally.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma
- Three to five years of progressively responsible, related experience in a position of comparable scope and size to the Company.
- Able to learn SeaSoft software package
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Able to transfer attention from one task to another frequently without affecting performance.
- Knowledge of seafood and proper temperature storage and handling regulations.
- Experience managing staff.
- Must have prior experience in a warehouse environment along with the operation of warehouse equipment.
- Must be able to read and write in English
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus.