Kiawah Island Golf Resort
With 10 miles of stunning shoreline and abundant natural beauty, Kiawah Island Golf Resort, just 21 miles from beautiful and historic Charleston, South Carolina, is one of America’s top golf and family vacation destinations. Enjoy five world-class courses including The Ocean Course, site of the 1991 Ryder Cup and 2007 and 2012 PGA Championships.
COOK | KIAWAH ISLAND, SC
We having opportunities for all levels of cooks from line to sous chef and will offer relocation for candidates!
Plan, prep, set up and provide quality service in all areas of restaurant production to include, but not limited to, all menu items supplied by outlet kitchen. All mise en place completed to satisfaction of supervisor and/or sous chef. Employee will be able to follow established recipes and plating guide provided to exact specification. Organize and maintain their station and equipment in a neat and orderly fashion to meet the Chef’s expectations. Maintain and contribute to a positive work environment.
- Properly follow all processes that are in place.
- Communicate with all internal customers efficiently (for example, stewarding or service staff).
- Follow all rules and regulations in employee handbook properly.
- Properly rotate product in walk in cooler.
- Clean and maintain equipment properly.
- Maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health regulations and hotel requirements.
- Organize and set up workstation fast and efficiently.
- Rotate, label and date all food on station.
- Contribute to the growth and success of the team.
- Follow and support Service Commitment and Core Values.
- Standing for eight or more hours
- Frequently reaching, bending, stooping, carrying
- Regularly carrying items weighing up to 40 lbs
- Temperatures in kitchen can vary
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent vocational training certificate required.
- Two years experience in culinary field preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate management, co-workers, and guests to their understanding.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations related to food measurement and recipe conversion.
- Culinary degree, food handling certification, & sanitation certification preferred.
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize, organize work and follow through with assigned tasks.
- Ability to be a clear thinker, remain calm and resolve problems using good judgment.
- Ability to work well under pressure of meeting production schedules and timelines of food displays.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
- Ability to maintain a clean, neat and organized work environment.
- Ability to follow recipes, to increase or decrease recipe as needed.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, intense work environment, under sometimes extreme heat and stress.