Koorsen Fire and Security, INC.
Primarily responsible for inspection, installation, and repair Wet, Dry, Pre-action, Deluge and Foam systems. Test rebuild and or replace Backflow Preventors. Responsible for identifying trouble areas and performing service in an efficient and professional manner to ensure that sprinkler systems are operating properly.
SPRINKLER TECHNICIAN | DAYTON, OH
Sprinkler and Backflow Systems Installation, Repair, & Service: 50%
- Prepare jobsite, performing visual inspection of system, disabling horn & strobes, and alerting alarm company and fire department
- Install/hang sprinkler systems and their components per NFPA and engineering guidelines
- Install or replace wet, dry, pre-action, deluge and foam systems as needed.
- Repair and/or replace all sprinkler systems components.
- Repair, replace and rebuild backflow preventors as necessary
- Verify proper communication with monitoring station when working on a monitored system after repair
- Perform system tests to verify alarm & sprinkler systems are working properly upon completion of repair
- Complete installation paperwork in a timely manner and turn completed paperwork into branch management.
- Report Deficiencies to Territory Account Manager
Sprinkler and Backflow Systems Inspection: 40%
- Survey and prepare customer site for testing of sprinkler system notifying alarm company & fire department
- Perform visual inspection of sprinkler and fire suppression systems from the ground level checking the necessary components from ground level.
- Perform inspection of wet, dry, pre-action deluge and foam systems.
- Perform testing of the sprinkler system’s components as necessary per KFS inspection report.
- Trip, observe, and reset Dry Valves
- Read gauges and record information, noting deficiencies and ensuring pressures are within acceptable levels
Job, Inventory, and Vehicle Preparation Duties: 10%
- Prepare sprinkler pipe, using threader when needed, and stock truck with inventory required to perform the job
- Work efficiently and utilize resources to complete jobs in a timely manner
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance, and keep work truck clean and organized
- May require performance of On Call duties as required including responding within (2) hours and resolving weekend trouble calls.
- Follow All Koorsen Policies & Procedures
- Be on time, ready to work when scheduled, & complete all duties assigned my management in a timely manner
- Provide strong customer service, interacting with customers in person and via phone to help resolve and answer any problems that they may be having.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Vocational and/or Technical School: Electrical Systems Technology diploma/degree + 1 year experience OR
- 1-3 years field experience in Sprinkler and Backflow systems service is required
- Must have or be able & willing to attain state Sprinkler and/or Backflow License
- Active Driver License, in good standing required
- Must meet safe driving policy criteria to be an active company vehicle driver
- 3-5 years of proven success in performance of Sprinkler inspection, installation, and service is highly preferred
- NICET Certification, Sprinkler is preferred
- Customer oriented interpersonal skills
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Must be able to exercise effective time management skills (prioritize, work on a time line)
- Must have a strong mechanical aptitude
- Must be able to visually inspect and service sprinkler and backflow systems
- Must be able to recognize alarm sights and sounds
- Must be able to understand and interpret industry codes and standards.
- May (often will) require ability to effectively use a Sprinkler Pipe Threader
- Must be able to effectively use backflow tester, pipe wrench, various lifts and common pipe fitting tools.
- Must be able to safely and effectively use general hand tools and power tools
- Must be capable of using various Arial lifts and boom trucks
Physical Requirements & Exposures:
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 75 pounds
- Must be able to push and pull greater than 75 pounds as needed
- Must be able to safely use and climb a ladder and reach a height of at least 24 ft
- Must be able, on a regular basis, work comfortably at a height of greater than 26 ft. (common elevation of systems are 26’-0 and higher.)
- Life Insurance
- Compensation, DOE: 15-28/hr
- Bonus for gaining NICET certification