Kruze Consulting is a rapidly growing startup that provides Startup Accounting & CFO Consulting services to startups in Silicon Valley, Los Angeles and New York. The firm has 160 Seed, Series A and Series B clients. The firm was started five years ago, by Vanessa Kruze, CPA and now has eighteen team members. The firm handles all Accounting, Bookkeeping, Finance, Human Resources and Tax issues for its clients. Kruze utilizes best of breed software tools such as QuickBooks, Xero, Gusto, Zenefits, Expensify, Bill.com, and Emburse.
Tax Manager | San Francisco, CA
Kruze Consulting is looking to bring a Tax Manager on to assist with the tax processes of its clients. This individual will be working closely with the Account Manager on each engagement and ensure completion of all tax requirements of the client. One should be able to work with a multitude of clients daily to ensure timely completion and compliance is achieved for each entity. The ability to lead teams, troubleshoot, manage relationships, and hold team members accountable to meet all tax requirements are critical to this position. This role will be ever changing and will require the candidate to be flexible and open-minded.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage clients’ tax provision process, accounting and related financial statement disclosures as part of the quarterly close. Ensure items that impact the Company’s effective tax rate are incorporated into the ongoing effective tax rate analysis.
- Manage the preparation and review of U.S. federal and state income tax filings for all clients and ensure timely submission.
- Provide tax implication support to clients as they consider growth opportunities.
- Manage all U.S. federal and state income tax audits, where applicable, including all communication between the Company and the tax auditors.
- Work with local managers on outstanding items to ensure timely completion of filings.
- Manage other tax related responsibilities including state sales and use tax and property tax.
- Manage tax audits from aforementioned.
- Strong knowledge and execution of tax process: Annual Federal Form 1120, Annual State CA Form 100, Annual State NY Form CT-3, International Form 5471, Depreciation and Amortization (MACRS) and requisite schedules, CA and NY Use Tax (with and without Avalara), CA and NY Sales Tax (with and without Avalara), R&D Tax Credit Form 6765, R&D Tax Credit Inputs/Study, 2016 R&D Tax Credit Payroll Offset, Alternative Minimum Taxation (AMT), Net Operating Losses (NOLs), Nexus / apportionment / multi-state operations, San Francisco Gross Receipts & Payroll Tax, Local Business Registrations & Compliance, New York Capital Base Tax, W9/1099 and W8/1042 implementation and execution.
- Manage Internal Teams and Clients
- Manage submission of completed filings for invoicing purposes
- Monitor billable hours between different clients
- Organizing documents online in Box
- Create, maintain and develop internal processes for all recurring tax
Experience & Background
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Concentration in Accounting preferred
- Masters in Taxation with 5 years of experience preferred
- CPA preferred
- 2 – 5 years of corporate tax experience
- Big 4 Experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management while at the same time able to work independently to resolve tax issues
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, accounting theory, principles and practices
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Strong priority management skills
- Knowledge of computer information systems to present financial information
- Ability to prepare statistical reports and analyze financial reports
- Ability to perform mathematical computations accurately and quickly
- Ability to identify and compute ratios and percentages