A direct and local mortgage lender in Phoneix, LendSmart, started small and had a goal of providing large company benefits with a small company feel. From the beginning, our goal was to provide a home mortgage experience unlike any of our competitors.
We believe this is accomplished by combining technology with experience. Over the years, this model has served us and our customers very well.
We have grown to 17 locations lending in 17 different states and we continue to evolve. We are always pushing to provide the newest services and technology to help create a relationship with our customers that encourages you to refer us to your friends and family.
We are looking for a special Mortgage Loan Originator to join our team. This person will generate business by providing professional financial services including purchasing or refinancing residential real estate. Our MLO will work independently to create and develop relationships with borrowers, realtors, builders, developers, personal contacts, and other valuable referral sources. You will be responsible for upholding the organizational commitment to its borrowers, maintaining a high standard in customer service and professional ethics and will report directly to the Branch Manager.
Tasks & Duties
- Approve loans within specified limits, and refer loan applications outside those limits to management
- Analyze applicants' financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Obtain and compile copies of loan applicants' credit histories, corporate financial statements, and other financial information.
- Review loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Stay abreast of new types of loans and other financial services and products in order to better meet customers' needs.
- Submit applications to credit analysts for verification and recommendation.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience in a loan origination minimum 1 year experience
- Licensed Loan Originator
- The ability to self generate loans
- Satisfaction of state licensing requirements and other regulatory standards must be met
- Completion of the Anti-Money Laundering, Fair Lending, and Equity Origination trainings are required
- Ability to analyze financial data and comprehend market fluctuations
- Working knowledge of lending guidelines and a thorough understanding of the process and procedures
- Competitive pay structure at 20 basis points per loan
- No minimum loan volume requirements
- Option for Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- Company sponsored team events
- Casual and enthusiastic atmosphere
- Potential to work remotely
- Offers state of the art CRM program that includes a 5 year retention marketing program for the buyer and the realtor
- Top volume producers are also offered the nextgen program for free