Liberty University, located in Lynchburg, Va, is the world’s largest Christian university. Over 100K students study on our residential campus or online.
Liberty University is the largest private non-profit university in the nation, the largest university in Virginia, and the largest Christian university in the world. An accredited institution, Liberty now offers 315 unique programs of study. While academics and faith are our top priorities, Liberty also fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams, 32 club sport teams and provides a host of student activities, intramural sports and recreational opportunities. Everything we do is designed to develop Christ-centered men and women with the values, knowledge and skills essential to impact tomorrow’s world.
ACCOUNTING PROFESSOR | LYNCHBURG, VA
It is expected that an online faculty member will model a personal commitment to the goals and values of Liberty University, engage in an active commitment to and experience of personal spiritual formation within a biblically-informed Christian worldview, and follow lesson plans developed for the course they are facilitating. Online faculty should view the course being taught as a means to a significant educational end. They should strive to employ a variety of techniques for the development of good learning conditions, view each student as a unique individual, an , insofar as is possible, provide for individual differences, abilities and interests.
- Teach material from approved curriculum in accordance with assigned schedule to ensure student satisfaction.
- Assists students in achieving completion of objectives and learning outcomes.
- Provides regular and timely feedback to students.
- Participates in school retention initiatives by maintaining productive conduct with students and by getting in touch with and offering assistance to absent students.
- Advises students in matters related to academics, attendance, and behaviors.
- Motivates student to actively participate in all aspects of the educational process.
- Maintains and reports student grades and attendance in accordance with university policies.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
Faculty are needed for both undergraduate and graduate level coursework
- To teach at the graduate level the following is required: An earned doctorate with 18 hours in accounting and previous teaching experience.
- To teach at the undergraduate level the following is required: An earned master's degree with 18 hours and professional experience in the discipline for which you are applying.
- Degree must be from an institution accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Superior interpersonal, customer service, presentation, and communication skills required.
- Creative, innovative, and problem solving skills required.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to complete assignments timely and accurately with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Blackboard, and the Internet.
- If applicable, able to obtain and maintain licenses as required by state or accrediting commissions.
- Demonstrated strengths in teaching at the college level is essential.
- Experience and CPA licensure is preferred