Life Care Center of America
Director of Rehabilitation Services - 5 Star Rated
Life Care Center of Reno is a 5 star rated facility offering inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation with 24-hour skilled nursing care. Our in-house rehabilitation program, empowering productivity standards and integrated disciplinary team approach fosters a collaborative environment where therapists can create individualized treatment plans with optimal outcomes.
Reno, Nevada is a nature lover’s paradise that offers skiing, hiking, fishing, and many more activities to enjoy the great outdoors of northern Nevada. It’s also in close proximity to Lake Tahoe area to extend the range of wonders to explore. Find out why it’s been called “the biggest little city in the world”.
DIRECTOR OF REHABILITATION SERVICES | RENO, NV
The Director of Rehabilitation Services (PT, OT, SLP) directs the three rehab departments of physical, occupational, and speech therapy to ensure the highest quality of rehab services in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- Must have an active license in physical (BSPT, MSPT, DPT, or PTA), occupational (BSOT, MSOT, COTA), or speech (MA, MS, CCC-SLP, or CFY-SLP) therapy and meet the educational requirements as defined in the job description for that license type
- Must be currently registered/licensed with applicable State. Must maintain an active license in good standing throughout employment.
- Must have two (2) years' supervisory experience in post-acute care or related setting
- Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtain during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment.
- Recruit, select, hire, evaluate, train, counsel, and supervise Rehab department staff
- Oversee and evaluate care given by therapy students
- Direct the growth, development, and maintenance of rehab programs
- Function as staff therapist as caseload requires
- Maintain appropriate staffing patterns as clinically indicated
- Utilize therapy software appropriately and accurately
- Effectively manage department budget
- Exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
- Assist in the evacuation of patients
- Demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
- Concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
- Communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
- Medical, dental, vision, life and short-term disability coverage
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
- 5 Star Rated
- Fun company culture
- Employee appreciation events
- Longevity of employment - people stick around
- Great team environment
- Beautiful environment - surrounded by the Sierra Nevadas, near Lake Tahoe, hiking, biking, fishing, hunting, endless outdoor activities
- In house rehab department - this is not a contracted position
- Been in business 46 years
- Productivity standards are very realistic, 85% productivity
- Continuing education and opportunities to pursue master clinician degree
- Competitive salary