DIGITAL MARKETING, SENIOR DIRECTOR
We invent. We design. We build. We code. We think. We craft. We engineer. We teach. We learn. We invent.
At littleBits, we’re on a mission to democratize hardware by empowering everyone to create inventions, large and small, with our platform of easy-to-use electronic building blocks. And we believe this mission starts with you. When you join the team, you’ll enter a workspace that encourages innovation, creative expression, teamwork and transparency. We also encourage spontaneous sing-a-longs, furry friends, roaming robots, and lots of laughs. If you are genuinely excited about our mission, and about working with a smart, dedicated and talented group of inventors, artists, and doers, we want you on our team!
The DIGITAL MARKETING, SENIOR DIRECTOR is a senior member of the management team, reporting to the Vice President of Marketing and interacting with other senior managers. The right candidate will lead a team of professional marketers who will develop and drive a creative and effective digital marketing strategy. You will bring a proven track record of developing and driving customer retention and acquisition strategy that sells products and increases brand recognition. You and your team will envision marketing strategy and execution, including but not limited to site merchandising, the Go-to-Market strategy for new product releases, testing and scaling the digital and offline acquisition channels, and optimizing the marketing mix for maximum ROI.
We value quick studies and scrappy leaders who can handle multiple and completing priorities and work effectively in a team of like-minded professionals.
WHAT YOU’LL DO AS DIGITAL MARKETING, SENIOR DIRECTOR:
- Function as the go-to, thought-leader and visionary of effective digital marketing strategy
- Support, guide, mentor and manage a best-in-class team of professional marketers
- Design and execute on new customer acquisition strategies
- Create testing frameworks, calendars and processes in order to achieve ongoing improvement of KPI's
- Develop winning campaigns using promotions and offers
- Use social, paid search, display, retargeting, email, site optimization, referral, affiliate and direct mail
- Maximize CPA, ROAS, CLV and financial targets through multiple awareness and acquisition channels
- Drive customer segmentation and conversion strategies that turn trial customers into loyal customers and current users into super users
Drive and Measure:
- Identify, test and scale high-impact and emerging digital channels
- Leverage the insight from tracking relevant market conditions and competitive trends in order to formulate future strategy and direction
- Evaluate and manage marketing technologies and partners
- Establish new customer, revenue and expense targets for all marketing efforts
- Track the effectiveness of marketing efforts to drive better decisions
THE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE YOU’LL NEED AS DIGITAL MARKETING, SENIOR DIRECTOR:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Master’s preferred
- 7-10 years of experience in performance marketing with measurable wins; 3-5 years of experience at the Director level, managing a team of professional marketers from strategy through execution
- Experience in the education market and/or experience marketing to parents, preferred
- Data driven and analytical; proven ability to interpret data to create actionable insights, and communicate the “So what?” of your insights
- Prior experience with attribution models
- Experience developing campaigns for products from ideation through execution
- Proven track record in driving results through multi-channel marketing management, KPI measurement, and LTV analysis
- Expertise in search, social, display, email, social, referral and affiliate marketing. Direct mail experience a plus
- Passion for our mission. You’re excited about where littleBits is headed as a platform for nvention and have an appreciation of high quality design
THE PERKS YOU'LL ENJOY AS DIGITAL MARKETING, SENIOR DIRECTOR:
- Being part of an awesome team that keeps playful inventing at the heart of all we do
- Sweeping views of the Hudson, a tricked-out office and fully stocked kitchen.
- We're listed as one of the top 11 office spaces in the US
- All the oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, microscopes, microchips, soldering irons, laser cutters, 3D printers, craft supplies and googly eyes you could ever want
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, commuter checks, FSA, paid family leave and 401(K) with an abbreviated waiting period
- Stock options that go along with a high-growth, well-funded startup
- Flexible working hours and unlimited sick days
- Generous vacation policy