MacElree Harvey, LLC
Associate Attorney | West Chester, PA
MacElree Harvey has an excellent opportunity for an Estate and Trust, Business, Tax and Wealth Planning Associate to join our highly-regarded law firm based in West Chester, PA. This firm offers the opportunity to work with top-level clients, working on interesting, complex matters, while enjoying a collegial environment.
- Handles a variety of legal matters in the areas of estates, trust, tax, business and wealth planning and related transactions.
- Provides extensive drafting, research, and other legal support to attorneys in the Estates, Trusts and Wealth Management Practice Group.
- Drafts Revocable and Irrevocable Trusts, Wills, Durable Powers of Attorney, Health Care Powers of Attorney, charitable trusts, QPRT’s, family limited partnership agreements, and other documents for clients with wide-ranging net worths.
- Works with estate paralegals to handle the administration of estates and trusts.
- Prepares and reviews contracts, business filings, and other documents relevant to corporate, tax, and other business matters.
- Assists with sophisticated income tax matters, wealth transfer planning, trusts and estates, probate and closely-held business matters and related transactions.
- Handles a broad range of tax issues affecting both individuals and entities, able to draft simple and/or complex planning documents, supervises the preparation of both federal and state tax returns and performs all aspects of estate planning and administration.
- Communicates with clients and other parties involved in transactions and other legal representations.
- Performs other duties as required.
Background and Experience
- 4 or more years law firm experience in Estates, Trust, Tax and Wealth Planning, and strong experience in drafting complex estate planning documents with outstanding scrivener skills.
- Must be admitted to practice law in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania with Delaware a plus. An LL.M. in Tax or CPA designation or in process highly preferred.
- Experience in estate and tax planning for high net worth individuals and families, as well as experience with estate administration, business succession, charitable planning, and taxation issues.
- Experience in preparing and reviewing estate, inheritance, gift and fiduciary income tax returns.
- Prefer a candidate who brings some existing law practice, and has desire and ability to develop his or her own client base.
- Must be an excellent, detail-oriented draftsperson, have solid knowledge and understanding of estate, inheritance, fiduciary income and gift tax rules.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent planning and organization skills. Must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Must be able to interact effectively with clients, have polished communication skills (both oral and written).
- Possesses a strong work ethic, excellent academic credentials, strong legal research and writing skills.
- Ability to work as a team player, and show a commitment to exceptional work product as well as client service.
- Possesses strong decision-making, critical thinking and active listening skills.
- Must be results-oriented and able to build a positive work environment.
- Strong computer skills required, specifically Lexis or Westlaw and MS Word for Windows.
- Maintains professional, courteous manner with all clients, vendors and fellow employees.
- MacElree Harvey offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, long term disability and 401k plan.