MacElree Harvey, LLC
Legal Assistant/ Paralegal
We are a law firm with an outstanding opportunity for a full-time Legal Assistant/Paralegal in our Doylestown office.
Legal Assistant/Paralegal | Doylestown, PA
Support attorneys to effectively handle family law cases, including but not limited to divorce, child custody, support, adoption and name change cases. Strong technical skills required.
- Supports attorneys whose clients have family law issues. Handles day-to-day management of family law cases.
- Creates, types, edits, and documents as well as prepares and types routine correspondence, memoranda and other legal documents.
- Responds to and assists clients by answering questions, providing information and assuring appropriate follow-through and/or resolution.
- Prepares and maintains electronic and hardcopy files. Scans and stores documents according to defined procedures.
- Enters time, reviews billing, conducts conflict checks, maintains client files and preparation of new matter memos. Keeps accurate time records.
- Answers telephones and directs the caller to the appropriate party. Checks voicemail messages.
- Utilizes online E-file system to electronically file documents.
- Drafts the pleadings and documents necessary, including but not limited to letters, complaints, stipulations and proposed orders, summary of support calculations, research memos, emergency petitions, adoption and name change petitions, special relief petitions, motions, hearing notices, subpoenas, premarital and post-nuptial settlement agreements.
- Drafts requests for production of documents and interrogatories. Provides responses to those offered by other parties.
- Reviews client documentation, such as marital estates, and prepares business income and marital estate summaries, inventories, settlement statements and pretrial statements.
- Responsible for obtaining proper service.
- Handles case and attorney preparation for court appearances and exhibit creation.
- Handles calculation, docketing and meeting court deadlines.
- Reviews attorney mail and manages calendar.
- Scheduling, including but not limited to, hearings, conferences, depositions and settlement conferences.
- Files, organizes and maintains client files.
- Conducts legal research in Lexis Nexis and Westlaw Next, Accurint, and other search engines and databases. Uses all available resources including libraries and computer data systems.
- Maintains and builds relationships with legal professionals at the Bucks County Justice Center and legal professionals in neighboring counties.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) with minimum of 4 years related experience within a law firm.
- Familiar with Bucks County administrative and filing procedures.
- Must be a notary.
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook). iManage/FileSite or similar document management system experience a plus.
- Must be very organized, a self-starter with strong command of the English language both written and verbal.
- Ability to proofread typed material for contextual, grammatical, typographical or spelling errors.
- Keyboarding skills of 70 wpm or higher required.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment such as computer, photocopiers, fax machines, and typewriter.
- Excellent phone etiquette. Positive attitude and strong customer service drive.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must have exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- High level of punctuality. Must maintain acceptable attendance record.