MacElree Harvey attorneys have long had a reputation for initiative® – in listening, in counsel, in court, and in protecting the interests of every client.
It is a reputation earned from over a century of hard work and diligent service. It is a reputation that causes our clients to rely on us every day – and to look ahead with the confidence that we will be here for generations to come.
Whether your legal concerns encompass personal or business matters, MacElree Harvey is a firm where you will always find initiative in practice®. For every client. In every matter. Every day.
LEGAL ASSISTANT | WEST CHESTER, PA
MacElree Harvey, LTD a well-respected regional law firm has an excellent opening available for a Legal Assistant – Business, Real Estate and Tax
Responsibilities include document production, administrative functions, client contact, and other aspects of practice management. Generates, prepares, and organizes documents and forms requisite to the practice area.
- Produces well-prepared and accurate documents and interacts well with high profile clients. Also enters time, reviews billing, conducts conflict checks, maintains client files and prepares new matter memos.
- Creates, edits, and compiles documents as well as prepares routine correspondence, memoranda and other legal documents from draft or dictated text. Manages and maintains calendar and contact information.
- Schedules appointments and meetings, arranges for conference rooms, and communicates information to clients, professionals, and third parties.
- This practice represents large and small businesses as well as individuals in business, real estate, tax and banking matters.
- Practice includes the sale, purchase, lease, and development of commercial real estate; loan and finance transactions; construction projects, business and nonprofit startup; business-to- business agreements, and related matters.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3 or more year’s related experience required. Law firm, business and corporate real estate transaction and tax experience is preferred, notary a plus.
- Working knowledge of Worksite/imanage or similar document management system required.
- Experience with document compare software such as Workshare.
- Tech savvy and computer proficiency is essential, with knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, and Excel required, as well as the ability to edit and markup Adobe PDF documents.
- Must exhibit a high degree of initiative in managing multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, detail-oriented work environment utilizing excellent judgment, administrative abilities, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work with documents and produce documents from transcription.
- Must have high degree of accuracy with the ability to proofread typed material for contextual, grammatical, typographical or spelling errors.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Must possess a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work comfortably and confidently with clients and professionals, including answering phones and greeting clients.
- Keyboarding skills of 70 wpm or higher required.
- Must maintain acceptable attendance record.
MacElree Harvey offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability and 401k.