Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh, serving the risk prevention and insurance needs of middle market companies in the United States. MMA has access to broad resources and solutions across all of its sister companies under the Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) banner. Although we are not integrating the businesses with Marsh, we are able to leverage the value of our respective capabilities and intellectual capital in those instances where there is a compelling case for collaboration between MMA and Marsh.
Mid-size companies need a partner they can trust and that can provide additional tools for opportunity and growth. We strive every day to service those needs. We successfully bridge the gap between what the “big firms” offer and the advice, solutions, and programs that smaller businesses require.
Through the strength of our management team, our geographic presence and our world class services, MMA provides public and private companies with risk management and employee benefit support that helps them flourish. We are proud to provide our clients with best-in-class services that meet their growing needs.
Senior Commercial Insurance Account Manager | Greenville, SC
March & McLennan Agency’s Greenville location, previously known as Rosenfeld Einstein, is looking to hire a Senior Commercial Insurance Account Manager! Join a high-integrity Greenville, SC -based Insurance firm with a strong team-based work culture. This is a great opportunity in a great company with great people. The Senior Commercial Account Manager position includes a variety of responsibilities that support marketing, sales, service and quality standards for the agency in serving the needs of the firm’s commercial clients.
- After receiving completed applications from producers, rates policies as necessary by companies to expedite handling process. Works with producers to negotiate and place business with companies and finalize sale with insured.
- Checks new policies for accuracy.
- Orders endorsements as needed and check for accuracy.
- Processes ID cards, certificates, binders, billing, non-premium bearing endorsements.
- Responds to client inquiries, claim reports, incoming mail, company requests, and producer’s needs on a timely and appropriate basis.
- Provides technical support to producers to benefit clients and to reach agency’s
- strategic business goals.
- Reviews renewal accounts for upgrade, remarketing, and cross-sell opportunities. Makes professional recommendations to clients and document files. Collects renewal data on accounts and handles other renewal activity in coordination with producers. Has primary responsibility for adhering to renewal timeline per procedure. Orders renewals and checks policies according to agency guidelines. Investigates non-renewals.
- Prepares billing as necessary. Uses company direct-bill programs as appropriate. When necessary, prepares check request to remit client payments to insurance companies or brokerages on direct-bill policies. Determines reasons for requests for cancellations, acts to save accounts. Notifies producer as appropriate.
- Actively refers current and prospective clients to Benefits and Personal Lines departments for solicitation of new business.
- Keeps abreast of company underwriting, marketing and rating programs.
- Attends producer and marketing meetings to maintain and share knowledge of industry and agency issues.
- Strives for personal and professional development by attending continuing education courses and attaining professional designations.
- Provides support and coverage for other team members and associates as necessary.
- Informs clients of policy changes, exclusions of coverage and insurance coverage needs. Explains coverages and exclusions to clients. Uses every service contact as opportunity to review and market appropriate coverage.
- Generates documents and produces correspondence to satisfy client service requests or to provide automated information, as needed by client.
- Prepares summaries of insurance, schedules and proposals, using computerized system and approved formats, as needed.
- Assists clients in submitting first reports of claims. Facilitates prompt response from company staff and, when appropriate, follows up on claims status to keep insureds informed and to work toward settlement of claims.
- Maintains orderly electronic files and information, following agency standards.
- Interacts with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills; cooperates positively and provides information and guidance, as needed, to contribute to the business efforts of the agency. Maintains cordial and professional relationships with clients, associates, carriers, vendors, and other business contacts.
- Engages in the usage of technical manuals, production/commission manual and procedures manual, in order to perform technical tasks and expedite customer service needs.
- Works with the Assistant Account Manager who will provide additional daily service support for the Senior Account Managers book of business.
Background and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university or equivalent industry experience
- Significant knowledge and competency of insurance requirements, products and usages with 5+ years of experience
- Broker’s License required
- Property and Casualties License strongly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, and ability to quickly learn and master agency management software
- Able to use Microsoft Outlook for written communication as well as maintaining and responding to calendar, appointment and meeting invitations
This position offers a competitive salary at a company voted one of the “Best Places to Work” in South Carolina for several years running. The nature of March & McLennan’s acquisition of Rosenfeld Einstein allows for a distinctly small-business culture with the resources of an international company. MMA provides a generous relocation package to bring employees to this highly desirable location. Learn more about the perks of this exceptional city here: http://www.visitgreenvillesc.com/