Maryland Live! Casino
Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist
Maryland Live! Casino is conveniently located at the Arundel Mills Mall, halfway between Baltimore and Washington, directly off the Baltimore-Washington Parkway at Arundel Mills Blvd. and Route 100 in Hanover, MD (Anne Arundel County), with easy access off I-95 at Route 100. Open 24/7, the $500+ million Maryland Live! Casino is one of the largest commercial casinos in the country with more than 200 live action table games, including Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Baccarat, Pai Gow, and a Poker Room; approximately 4,000 of the latest slot machines; and two High Limit rooms.
SENIOR TALENT ACQUISITION SPECIALIST
The Senior Talent Acquisitions Specialist will be responsible for strategically aligning him or herself with the lines of business to source, identify, recruit, and acquire top talent. The Senior Talent Acquisitions Specialist is hands on and must demonstrate the ability to perform tasks as well as manage them.
- Recruit for Live! hotels.
- Managing full-cycle recruiting and selection process for all positions and areas by collaborating with hiring managers to identify ideal candidate skills and experience needed.
- Sourcing talent and making or facilitating hiring decisions for exempt and non-exempt positions by developing a pipeline of candidates through various sourcing techniques (for example, campus events, career fairs, online job boards, social networking sites, associations); determining when and if to utilize third-party assistance (for example, agencies, organizations) for staffing needs.
- Managing expectations for the full-cycle interview process; consistently communicating expectations, feedback, and status information to candidates, hiring managers, and other stakeholders throughout the selection process.
- Providing weekly summaries of staffing progress.
- Attending job fairs and other community events as required for recruiting purposes.
- Communicating with candidates and team members to promote the Live! brand and culture to build interest in the company.
- Answering general questions from team members regarding the hiring process and on-boarding, benefits, policies, procedures and practices.
- Maintaining and modeling the Human Resources department and company’s professional reputation and confidentiality at all times.
- Coordinating, completing, and overseeing job-related activities and assignments for recruiting by developing and maintaining relationships with local community organizations and key stakeholders.
- Maintaining and modeling a positive attitude when interacting with operators, team members, community representatives and/or candidates.
- Supporting company-wide initiatives to meet internal and external customer business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives.
- Assisting with onboarding, licensing and/or implementing company-wide team member relations programs and/or events.
- Verifying all information on forms submitted by team member’s to ensure accuracy.
- Ensuring that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Performing miscellaneous functions and special projects as assigned.
MENTAL & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to analyze and interpret FTE reports and other operational data.
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in order to complete assigned duties in a timely manner, meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work an irregular work schedule when needed.
- Ability to perform assigned duties under pressure and in an interruptive environment.
- Ability to operate a PC, laptop and/or I-Pad.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing across the organization.
- Ability to maintain a positive "can do" attitude under pressure.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- Must have at least four (4) years of strategic recruiting experience.
- Must have at least one (1) year of experience in a hotel environment.
- Must have at least one (1) year of Human Resources experience.
- A four-year degree in a comparable field of study preferred.
- AIRS or PHR certification preferred.
- Gaming or hospitality experience is a plus.
- Must be proficient with all Microsoft software products, especially Outlook and Excel.
- Experience using Kronos Applicant Tracking System preferred.
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to acquire and maintain a Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Agency license as required for the position.