Maykke is a Silicon Valley start-up that is revolutionizing cross-border E-commerce business. We created Maykke to bring high quality and stylish home furnishings direct to the home. Backed by strong venture funds, we expect explosive growth in the next several years.
EMAIL MARKETING & ADWORDS MANAGER
We are looking for a standout email marketing and Google adwords manager to join our growing team.
This position will work closely with the business team and help coordinate many moving parts of day-to-day marketing efforts. This role will involve hands-on, brand growth, project management duties and strategy collaboration. While we support a flexible and modern working environment, we are asking for the candidate of choice to be able to commute into our office in Fremont, CA and are not currently open to full-time telecommuting for this role, at this time.
Our team is growing, fun, and focused on breaking sales and marketing record. We genuinely love the online space and are marketing and technology nerds at heart. We bring on folks who have a sense of humor, and want to learn and grow.
Maykke is looking for a Email Marketing and Adwords Manager with hands-on operations experience in email campaign management and Google adwords account management. The Email Marketing and Adwords Manager is responsible for getting the best ROI on ad spend as well as the design and execution of complex life cycle and trigger programs that improve the user experience and drive customer activation and retention. This person will have proven success building and managing a variety of email nurture programs, ideally in a Klaviyo or similar ESP setting.
You will be reporting to the Director of eCommerce and working closely with internal marketing, creative, analytics and product marketing teams
- Manage Google Adwords campaigns – keyword research, competitor analysis, execution and deployment of various campaigns, A/B testing and measurement.
- Manage daily operations of the email marketing channel – marketing calendar, creative design, execution and deployment of email campaigns, A/B testing and measurement.
- Collaborate with the Design team to determine content strategy, lead copywriting process, ensure brand guidelines are followed in emails.
- Regularly report email performance, use data to continuously test, measure and optimize the email marketing program.
- Partner and collaborate cross-functionally with marketing, product marketing, customer success, and Analytics teams.
- Automate nurture programs, ensure end-to-end tracking and proper measurement.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- Experience with Major Email Service Providers: Mailchimp, Klaviyo, Bronto, Salesforce.Experience is strongly preferred; other email campaign tools will do.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, ability to think strategically and make recommendations.
- Knowledge of basic email HTML.
How to really knock our socks off:
- 2-4 years experience in email marketing operations.
- Eye for creative design and basic copywriting skills.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to think strategically and make recommendations.
- Basic understanding of IT infrastructure and eCommerce, as it relates to email marketing.
- High attention to detail to QA emails and program operations.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in a major ESP (For example, Salesforce, Bronto, Klaviyo, or any others)
- Ability to dive in and find answers to questions that may not yet be documented
- Ability to efficiently handle a very busy schedule
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Pristine attention to detail
- Strong project/time management skills
- Basic to intermediate HTML or CSS is a plus
- Positive spirit and outgoing attitude - you believe you can conquer the world!