In today’s fast-paced world, consumers expect immediate access to high quality care at a reasonable price. These requirements make urgent care centers a great choice for many people who need care. Our centers are located in highly visible retail locations and are open extended hours during the week and on weekends.
At MedPost we are dedicated to a healthy future by improving access to the right care today. Our Employees strive to put the “care” in healthcare, and to go above and beyond what is expected for each and every patient—and for each other. Our team takes pride in working hard and values the opportunity to set a new standard for customer service in the healthcare industry.
The Medical Assistant is responsible for providing basic clinical care commensurate with his or her medical education to patients. Duties include performing initial clinical evaluations as well as directed procedures for urgent care, occupational health and workers’ compensation procedures.
- Maintain customer loyalty score at or above company benchmark
- Operate multi-line phone system and answer within 3 rings
- Communicate with patients on wait times
- Provide direction to patients for next steps in treatment process
- Provide timely follow up with lab results
- Assist register with various duties when needed
- Obtain and accurately document patient vital signs and weight, take brief history, past medical, family and social history, current medications, allergies and other pertinent historical information as appropriate
- Assist with procedures directly supervise by the clinician
- Ensure equipment is in proper working order and report any malfunctions to the Center Manager to designee on duty
- Administer any medication as ordered by the provider and within your licensure/certification
- Perform laboratory duties
- Draw blood, collect and label specimens
- Perform DOT and Non-DOT urine drug screens and BAT
- Working weekends and holidays when needed
Experience & Background
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Registered or certified medical assistant
- BLS certification
- 1+ years of experience as a Medical Assistant in a comparable environment or successful Completion of a Medical Assistant program with externship experience