X Ray Tech / Medical Assistant
In today’s fast-paced world, consumers expect immediate access to high quality care at a reasonable price. These requirements make urgent care centers a great choice for many people who need care. Our centers are located in highly visible retail locations and are open extended hours during the week and on weekends.
At MedPost we are dedicated to a healthy future by improving access to the right care today. Our Employees strive to put the “care” in healthcare, and to go above and beyond what is expected for each and every patient—and for each other. Our team takes pride in working hard and values the opportunity to set a new standard for customer service in the healthcare industry.
X-Ray Tech/Medical Assistant | Location
The X-Ray Tech/Medical Assistant is responsible for providing basic clinical care to patients commensurate with their medical education.
- Perform initial clinical evaluations as well as directed procedures for urgent care, occupational health and worker’s compensation procedures.
- Perform X-Ray testing including body mechanics and patient movement using knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
- Prepare patients for continued medical evaluation by physicians, physician assistants and advanced registered nurse practitioners by taking a brief history, establishing vital signs, recording appropriate documentation on approved CareSpot forms and recognizing levels of acuity allowing appropriate medical intervention when necessary.
- Check patients in and out at the front desk to ensure patient flow when needed
- Communicate with patients on wait times and next steps
- Assist registers with various duties when required
- Administer any medication as ordered by provider and within your licensure/certification
- Ensure equipment is in proper working order and report any malfunctions
- Ability to work weekends and holidays
Experience & Background
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Radiology Technician Certificate and current state license
- BLS Certification preferred
- 1+ years of experience as a Radiology Technician in a comparable environment
- Successful completion of a radiology Technician certification program with externship experience