Aftermarket Sales Manager
Everything about API Heat Transfer is focused on performance. It’s a part of our 130-year heritage designing and delivering world-class heat transfer products for nearly every industry. It’s bolstered by our worldwide network of manufacturing facilities and more than 1,800 employees who provide sales, service, and support. And it’s ingrained in a process that has served customers around the world well for nearly a century and a half. Upon working with us, you’ll find it’s our performance that sets us apart.
There’s heat transfer. Then there’s API Heat Transfer. We are seeking an energetic, motivated individual to join our team as an Aftermarket Sales Manager.
AFTERMARKET SALES MANAGER | BUFFALO, NY
The aftermarket sales manager is responsible for and provides the necessary sales and support to both customers and sales representatives for all aftermarket sales. This includes but is not limited to specification review, estimating, design, developing and submitting proposals, follow-up and closing of orders.
- Manage Aftermarket Team to meet or exceed annual Aftermarket sales target, develop growth strategies, manage prices and margins for Aftermarket sales, and provide reports as required
- Analyze inquiries and respond in a timely and professional manner within the defined time and margin targets to support the annual business plan.
- Follow-up proposals to ensure the customer has all the required information to place an order, provide additional technical support if required and close the order.
- Identify and pursue new, profitable opportunities to expand the parts and service business.
- Propose alternate solutions for customer’s application where applicable.
- Work with the Sales and Marketing Team to promote company products and aftermarket services to potential and existing customers.
- Interface with product management on sales/marketing strategy, and product/service enhancements to expand current markets and/or product offerings.
- Keep management aware of potential threats to the business, including those related to customer satisfaction, competitors’ activities and general market conditions.
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- Action and results oriented execution
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Communication skills
- Decision making
- Management discipline
- Planning and organization
- 7-10 years in an inside technical sales environment.
- BSME Degree preferred or a combination of education and experience
- Good working knowledge of heat exchangers, ASME Code, TEMA beneficial
- Travel up to 10%