Midnight Oil Agency, Inc.
Midnight Oil is a dynamic marketing agency dedicated to creating meaningful connections through experiences that inspire. A team of strategic thinkers, creative artists and expert craftsmen, we take seriously our role as brand caretakers and culture-makers.
Project Manager | Burbank, CA
The Project Manager is directly accountable for ensuring brand integrity, and effective and efficient execution of the product. The Project Manager is accountable to their assigned product line and clients as they will communicate with the client on the product and technical level. This position is designed to have total ownership of the product line and be collaborative in nature through all of the connection points through the process of execution.
- Manage all facets of the project from start to finish and is accountable for client satisfaction of final product.
- Directly negotiates and coordinate buyouts with vendor partners and oversee the quality and timeliness of product.
- Create project schedule for deliverables and dictates manufacturing specifications including material selection.
- Collaborate with the Leads of service departments, (creative, color, pre-press, logistics, purchasing), to ensure that all services performed meet the established objectives.
- Coordinate with Account Director/Account Manager to get client approval of proofs.
- Ensure Creative has visibility to final proofs and physical comps.
- Set and manage budgets.
- Initiates the billing process and coordinates with Accounting for progress billing and closing out the job.
- Data entry into job tracking system, including creating job tickets, POs and shipping data.
- Ensures all work done by Prepress Lead is manufacturing ready and meets quality standards and is on time.
- Oversee that technical and client legal requirements are adhered to throughout the job.
Experience and Background
- Bachelors degree and/or
- 4-6 years of prior experience as a Project Manager or directly related experience
- Management of large projects that were on schedule and budget
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
- Strong entrepreneurial & leadership qualities. Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building. Ability to influence without authority
- Technically savvy – able to interface with color, creative, engineering & product management and pull it all together into a final product.
- Good communication skills
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view. Able to calibrate to client brand/campaign nuances
- Computer skills- job tracking system and Microsoft Outlook