Mountain West Financial, Inc. is a full-service, privately held Mortgage Banker with an outstanding reputation built on trust, ethical lending practices and true family values. That’s because we are a family-owned business backed by experts dedicated to providing our customers the courteous one-on-one attention they deserve, every step of the way.
From the time of application to closing, we’re proud to offer a wide-range of Loan Products and reliable services that meet the needs of today’s diverse marketplace. It’s our “Make it Happen” positive attitude and dedication to our valued clients!
Our team is more than just staff; we are a family. We expect a lot and hold each other to high standards. We invest in our family with education opportunities for self improvement, financial planning, a strong benefit package and growth opportunities. Our culture is conducive to high standards of work, strong ethics and teamwork.
We have been awarded Top Mortgage Employer to work for in won in 2015 and 2016 as well as many other accolades!
- Be a part of the Mountain West Family: We've been successfully family owned and operated for the last 25 years!
- Be Flexible: Our mulitple branches and cutting edge technology separates us from the pack and allows you to work remotely from anywhere, at any time
- We've got your back: A full-fledged marketing and growth plan team support you from your early days on as you move up the ladder
- Learn from the BEST: We provide weekly coaching and training which has led to the fastest turn times in the nation.
- The right job specific for you: We create customized compensation plans to reward what you do well; and we're hiring from the entry level on up to Management/Lead roles.
The purpose of the Loan Originator (LO) position is to generate business by providing professional financial services to customers specific to the purchasing or refinancing of a residential real estate property. Due to the nature of this sales position, LOs work rather independently, continually obtaining and developing relationships with borrowers, realtors, builders, developers, personal contacts, and other valuable referral sources. LOs are responsible for upholding the organizational commitment to its borrowers, maintaining a high standard in customer service and professional ethics. LOs report to the Branch Manager.
Tasks & Duties
- Meet with applicants to obtain information for loan applications and to answer questions about the process.
- Analyze applicants' financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Educate customers on the various types of loans and credit options that are available.
- Obtain copies of loan applicants' financial statements, income documentation and any other applicable documentation needed for qualification
- Review loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Stay abreast of new types of loans and other financial services and products in order to better meet customers' needs.
- Submit applications to credit analysts for verification and recommendation.
- Handle customer complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience in a loan origination.
- Satisfaction of state licensing requirements and other regulatory standards must be met.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Self-starting, self-reliant, highly motivated and dependable.
- Efficient in time-management and ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Technological savvy and comfort in learning new computer systems and programs.
- Ability to analyze financial data and comprehend market fluctuations.
- Working knowledge of lending guidelines and a thorough understanding of the process and procedures.