Mountain West Financial, Inc. is a full-service, privately held Mortgage Banker with an outstanding reputation built on trust, ethical lending practices and true family values. That’s because we are a family-owned business backed by experts dedicated to providing our customers the courteous one-on-one attention they deserve, every step of the way.
From the time of application to closing, we’re proud to offer a wide-range of Loan Products and reliable services that meet the needs of today’s diverse marketplace. It’s our “Make it Happen” positive attitude and dedication to our valued clients!
Hiring for multiple locations!
We've got offices in Sacramento and Roseville. No matter where you live in the area, our office locations & our technology give you the ability to be successful from anywhere!
What's different about Mountain West?
- Be a part of the Mountain West Family: We've been successfully family owned and operated for the last 25 years!
- Be Flexible: Our mulitple branches and cutting edge suite of technology separates us from the pack and allows you to work from anywhere at any time
- We've got your back: A full-fledged marketing team and growth plan support you from your early days on as you move up the ladder
- Learn from the BEST: Both the Sacramento & Roseville branches are led by the #1 Producting Originator in the nation. We provide weekly coaching and training which has led to the fastest turn times in the nation.
- The right job specific for you: We create customized compensation plans that reward what you do well; and we're hiring from the entry level on up to Management/Lead roles.
The purpose of the Loan Originator (LO) position is to generate business by providing professional financial services to customers specific to the purchasing, reversing, or refinancing of a residential real estate property. Due to the nature of this sales position, LOs work rather independently, continually obtaining and developing relationships with borrowers, realtors, builders, developers, personal contacts, and other valuable referral sources. LOs are responsible for upholding the organizational commitment to its borrowers, maintaining a high standard in customer service and professional ethics. LOs report to the Branch Manager.
Tasks & Duties
- Approve loans within specified limits, and refer loan applications outside those limits to management
- Meet with applicants to obtain information for loan applications and to answer questions about the process.
- Analyze applicants' financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Explain to customers the different types of loans and credit options that are available, as well as the terms of those services.
- Obtain and compile copies of loan applicants' credit histories, corporate financial statements, and other financial information.
- Review and update credit and loan files.
- Review loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Compute payment schedules.
- Stay abreast of new types of loans and other financial services and products in order to better meet customers' needs.
- Submit applications to credit analysts for verification and recommendation.
- Handle customer complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience in a loan origination
- Satisfaction of state licensing requirements and other regulatory standards must be met
- Completion of the Anti-Money Laundering, Fair Lending, and Equity Origination trainings are required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Self-starting, self-reliant, highly motivated and dependable
- Efficient in time-management and ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Technological savvy and comfort in learning new computer systems and programs
- Ability to analyze financial data and comprehend market fluctuations
- Working knowledge of lending guidelines and a thorough understanding of the process and procedures