For over 50 years, informed architects, builders, remodelers, and consumers have chosen Mr.Steam® as a premier source of upscale, and high quality steam products including towel warmers, shower speakers, shower seats, aromasteam™ and chromasteam™ systems. Our advanced technology, engineering, and design provides equipment that enhances lifestyles worldwide.
Develop and maintain the technical, customer service proficiency of Technical Service Department with state-of- the-art tools in MrSteam and Industrial Boiler Departments.
- Communicates with customers, representatives or service technicians via telephone and email concerning product and service issues. Troubleshoots all service related customer complaints.
- Distribute Technical & Customer Services technical information as required.
- Communicate and advise technical information for outside sales distribution with designated persons.
- Maintain Customer Support interaction with designated personnel in NY and CA.
- Monitor emerging relevant Technical & Customer Service products, including software tools, and make recommendations when applicable.
- Recommend and develop procedures for website and web based tools to improve Technical Service
- Compile, store and analyze technical data & service call reports.
- Provide engineering with data on parts and products as required for improvements, corrective action, upgrades, cost reduction, performance optimization …etc.
- Support field service organizations for MrSteam and Industrial Boiler products with training and seminars. Assist in developing the network as required for effective coverage in the US and Canada. Maintain existing and new accounts with current materials, parts and factory support
Legal and Insurance
- Compile, monitor and manage field events and call reports that are possible claims.
- Respond to possible claims according to procedure.
- Consult with management, and if advised notify insurance company of claims or possible claims with “FOR RECORD PURPOSES ONLY” notification.
Develop and maintain a bridge between Technical Services Department and Engineering for the transfer of required information.
- Provide engineering with information on field installation, usage and maintenance of prototypes, first articles, production parts and products.
- Monitor and report on beta testing.
- Review technical literature for accuracy and efficacy.
General: Participate in the product returns procedure to insure customer satisfaction, product quality and warranty expectations are met.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- At least two years’ experience in a technical support.
- Proficient in Customer Service functions
- Experience with multi meter equipment, basic electrical and plumbing knowledge.
- Hands on electrical and mechanical troubleshooting experience.
- Demonstrates ability to be a team player by actively participating in assigned teams as well as intercompany, cross-functional and/or special committees.
- Demonstrates communications skills necessary to effectively interact with coworkers and outside contacts.
Occasional domestic travel to repair equipment in the field. The above job description is subject to modification by the company at any time. You agree that the company has the right to modify this job description to meet business needs.