Northtown Automotive Companies
New Vehicle Salesperson
The New Vehicle Salesperson is directly responsible for selling new vehicles at dealership gross profit, dealership volume and customer satisfactionstandards.
NEW VEHICLE SALESPERSON | BUFFALO, NY
Job requires the following physical activities: Will stand and move throughout the dealership facility for most of the shift. Will spend time outdoors showing vehicles to prospective customers and to drive vehicles in traffic during test drives. Evening, holiday and weekend work hours will be required.
- Realize that business is built on customer satisfaction and devote himself/ herself to guaranteeing satisfaction to customers.
- Determine each customer’s vehicle needs by asking questions and listening.
- Demonstrate new vehicles.
- Deliver new vehicles to customers. This process ensures that the customer understands the vehicle’s operating features, warranty and paperwork, and it lays the foundation for customer loyalty.
- Attend sales meetings.
- Maintain an owner follow-up system that encourages repeat and referral business and contributes to customer satisfaction.
- Maintain a prospect development system.
- Be aware of new products, features, accessories, etc, and their benefits to customers.
- Establish personal income goals that are consistent with dealership standards of productivity, and devise a strategy to meet those goals.
- Report to New Vehicle Sales Manager regarding objectives, planned activities, reviews and analyses.
- Review and analyze actions at the end of each day, week, month and year to determine how to better utilize time and plans more effectively.
- Understand the terminology of the auto business and stay current with technological changes in the product.
- Know and understand vehicle trade-in equity and values, and be able to explain depreciation to the customer.
- Know and understand the federal, state and local laws which govern retail auto sales.
- Introduce customers to service department personnel to emphasize to customers the quality and efficiency of the dealership’s service operations.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, management and customers.
- Must adhere to all safety regulations.
- Must adhere to all other requirements of employment as outlined in the company handbook.
- From time to time all employees are asked to perform reasonable administrative functions outside of this job description