Ohio Christian University
Since 1948 Ohio Christian University has prepared students to profoundly impact the world through Christian service by equipping them for a lifetime of leadership and excellence. Ohio Christian University is one of the fastest growing universities in Ohio, with enrollment increasing 400 percent over the last six years.
Ohio Christian University (OCU) is one of the fastest growing Christian Universities in the country. We are seeking an Front End Web Developer with the ability to develop software solutions that will take OCU to a new level. The person in this position will be responsible for leading efforts to improve upon existing systems’ functionality as well as to develop new systems.
- Develop web-based applications within ColdFusion and LAMP Environments
- Design, architect, and create complex, customized applications to enhance website capability based on business needs.
- Ensure functioning of Internet applications in a high-traffic, near zero-downtime enterprise environment, including designing, implementing and maintaining websites and databases for high-availability and redundancy.
- Develop and support integration with the Student Information System (SIS).
- Develop application code and databases in accordance with design standards using well-known methodologies creating well-designed, reusable objects.
- Ensure cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility of developed applications.
- Create clear, concise and complete, documentation with accurate time estimates for completion of tasks.
- Other duties as assigned
Experience & Background
- Experience with listening to customer requests and developing solutions that meet their needs
- Course work and/or work experience as a developer
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, multiple-priority environment
- Driven to learn new technology and build in-depth expertise
- Analytic, creative and business-focused problem solver
- Must be a self-starter
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills