OnPoint Community Credit Union
OnPoint Mortgage Loan Officers deliver local service with personalized solutions and are looking for passionate and driven MLOs to join our team! It’s no wonder we are one of the largest credit unions in our Region when OnPoint member experience- quick decisions, fast turnaround, local loan decision and servicing (including home appraisals, processing and underwriting), local servicing for the life of the loan, options allowing for no mortgage insurance, and best in class member service.
Be a part of helping OnPoint members reach their dream of homeownership with a full range of mortgage products including:
- Just for Starters – up to 100% financing for first-time homebuyer
- Homeroom – up to 100% financing for employees of an accredited educational institution
- Conventional loans – fixed and ARMs
- Jumbo loans – Fixed and ARMS
- FHA Loans
Loan Officer | Portland, OR
The Proactive Partner. You’re a star when it comes to creating new relationships and expanding existing connections. As an expert in home finance, you enjoy being the trusted advisor and guide, while helping members find the loans that best fit their financial future. Our team at OnPoint Community Credit Union has been dedicated to making our members’ financial dreams a reality for over 80 years. Working together, we can further strengthen the mission we have for our community. We’re also devoted to being a fabulous place to work. We value your expertise as Mortgage Loan Officer and invite you to explore and grow your career with OnPoint.
- Identifies, develops and maintains a quality pipeline of member relationships that serves as a recurring source of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities.
- Attracts new mortgage loan originations by developing relationships within the community, specifically within the real estate community; making sales calls to prospective business partners.
- Conducts interviews with prospective borrowers in order to analyze financial and credit reports, tax returns, verifications, etc. and determine member financing objectives, advise members of product/pricing policies and guidelines and gather any additional required information.
- Ensures exceptional member service by maintaining thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrates a commitment to professional ethics, complying with all federal and state compliance policies and adhering to all requirements.
Experience and Background
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 3 years Conventional and FHA-insured real estate lending experience, with knowledge of processing underwriting and/or closing procedures.
- Thorough understanding of conventional and government lending practices, policies and guidelines from origination through closing.
- Must be detail-oriented and be self-directed, efficient, and meet deadlines.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated math and accounting skills.