Pearlfisher is a branding and design company made of the definitive partnership of Futures, Strategy and Design. We build the most desirable brands, Challengers & Icons; brands that are paving the way now and those that will be loved forever.
Based in London, New York and Copenhagen, we share a single philosophy and unique structure that enables us to most effectively bring our collective talent and expertise to every brand. We form partnerships with our clients all around the world through three studios - Futures, Strategy and Design - working separately and together to harness change, express meaning and make impact.
The Business Director role at Pearlfisher is responsible for working with major client accounts, and ensuring their overall success and development. The business director will proactively lead the development of their client business, champion effective and profitable projects, and contribute to the management and growth of successful long-term client relationships. This position will report to the Head of Business Management.
- Direct, strategically manage, and oversee a selection of 6-7 core clients.
- Provide strategic point of view throughout the course of the relationship to influence both specific projects and business as a whole.
- Act as a strategic resource for clients, understanding their goals, objectives, internal processes & politics, and potential roadblocks.
- Serve as a high level point of contact and sounding board for the clients
- Oversee a SBM and/or BM on each core client project.
- Supervise and prepare project proposals for to maximize business conversion.
- Manage key projects from kick off to completion, inclusive of proposal/ estimate development, project briefs, presentations, etc.
- Ensure efficient project administration (i.e. on brief, on budget, on time and all documentation is up-to-date on the client server e.g. proposals, estimates, presentations etc.).
- Offer day-to-day advice on general account management issues and client relationship issues.
- Report on new and current client business and drive farming activity plan on your core client list.
- Identify PR opportunities from client business in conjunction with Marketing and Communications team.
- Monitor and maximize monthly revenue in line with targets, reviewing inputs from BM and SBMs to ensure accuracy across all key accounts.
- Ensure revenue forecasts are accurate and highlight any foreseeable issues.
- Monitor proposals and estimates and identify opportunities to increase fee levels.
- Oversee all proposals and estimates for your client base and ensure all estimates are approved and all invoices are raised, checked and sent to client on time.
- Maximize project profitability in conjunction with Finance.
- Monitor project spend – resources, expenses and bought-ins – highlight potential overspend.
- Base pay structure is commensurate with experience