Pelham Community Pharmacy
Registered or Certified Technician
PelMeds™ has been in operation as an independently owned pharmacy for the past 75 years. We are now located in Waltham, Massachusetts.
We are a closed-door full service pharmacy that specializes in medication management services, compounding (human & vet), specialty products, specialized packaging and delivery service.
Our customers range from residential schools, group homes, palliative care/hospice, assisted living residents, individual patients, and pet owners/veterinarians.
REGISTERED OR CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN | WALTHAM, MA
Pharmacy technicians are an important part of our daily work. You are the forefront of our operation and would play a key role in ensuring that all patients medications are taken care of. We would like to offer all pharmacy technicians, registered and/or certified to come and feel like they are making a difference. We offer our technicians the ability to use their license to the fullest of their capabilities. We offer extensive training for all candidate that do not hold a license in pharmacy technician to also apply. We will train the right candidates to make pharmacy their career.
- Answer telephone and efficiently execute customer service.
- Accurately record telephone order from prescribers and their agents.
- Efficiently navigate pharmacy software.
- Accurately input new and refill orders.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills with regard to medication changes.
- Preform medication reconciliation under supervision of pharmacist for new patients and patient returning to facilities.
- Recognize medication changes and determine when the prescriber needs to be contacted.
- Preform billing activities, including requesting PA from prescribers, calling PBM when necessary.
- Inputting patient demographic information into the software.
- Inputting patient insurance.
- Effective communication with facility staff when necessary.
- Effective communication written and verbal with other data entry team members, filling department, pharmacists, managers and President.
- Use charts and knowledge to ensure appropriate paperwork is processed for each order.
- Follow-up with facilities, prescribers and family members as it relates to patients medication and insurance.
- Maintains knowledge of pharmacy rules and government regulations and maintains compliance at all times.
- Follow up on “call backs “on a daily and timely basis.
- Defer to the pharmacist on those matters that should be handled directly by the pharmacist.
- Expand knowledge base to handle challenges better through identifying learning needs, setting goals and seeking opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Be accountable to work as scheduled and observe store policies with regard to lunch and break times.
- Be properly attired for work and wear business casual/ or scrubs and nametag.
- Work to maintain safety and cleanliness of workplace and demonstrate an understanding of emergency/disaster plans.
- Perform other tasks and duties assigned by Pharmacy Manager/Pharmacists to assist in the smooth, efficient operation of the business.
- Be thoroughly knowledgeable of the IPS system and can use the system in an efficient and accurate manner. Handle and resolve system-related programs.
- Obtain needed information to fill prescriptions in a timely and efficient manner.
- Correctly read prescriptions, interpret physician’s intent and processes prescriptions in a precise, efficient manner.
- Ensure that are is clean, clutter free and that work is handed off to a pharmacist before work shift ends.
- Function within the limits of the law and Pelham Community Pharmacy’s policy and procedures.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of medications and documentation procedures.
- Conduct oneself in a manner upholding the moral and ethical practice of pharmacy.
- Safeguard professional pharmacist/patient confidentiality.
- Handle patient complaints in a caring and efficient manner.
- Recognize own limitations and seek assistance when required.
- Notify manager/pharmacist on duty and human resource director when absent or tardy, per company rules and regulations.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or Equivalent is required.
- Graduate of technical or trade school concentrating in pharmacy technician’s procedures. Basic computer skills are required.
- Strong work ethic and desire to serve to serve our customers and patients.
- Knowledge of billing and financial concepts. Works well in an environment with firm deadlines; results oriented.
- Computer literate, Pharmacy Technician experience, Data Entry experience.
- License Registered Pharmacy Technician/ Certified Pharmacy Technician
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with in prescribed time frames. Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to take imitative to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of position.
- Must be detailed-oriented and inclined to make few mistakes. Must be committed to close follow-up and completion of all assigned tasks. Possess basic computer and data input skills and can use PC's well.
- Skilled in operation of basic equipment such as copier, fax, telephone, computer software. Must be able to communicate well with pharmacist, health care professionals, patients, peers and superiors in cordial and professional manner.
- Be emotionally and physically capable of performing jobs and responsibilities.
- Have a sense of urgency and care.
- Must be registered with the Massachusetts Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Technician.
- Good communications skills, ability to work in time sensitive environment and strong organization skills.
- $14.50-16 based on experience, raise potential after 90 days
- $20/hr for certified technicians
- Full Time employees recieve tufts medical insurance and blue cross dental insurance - We pay 50% of cost!
- We offer regular hours, steady/regular schedule
- Only work every 5th weekend (or less!)