UE4 Engine Programmer: Mid to Senior, Engine and Gameplay | Chicago, IL
Here is your chance to work on world-class games in Unreal. Phosphor Games is seeking multiple, experienced Unreal Engine and Game Programmers to join our team. We are looking for engaged people who have a passion for amazing games and interactive experiences.
Our first VR title: The Brookhaven Experiment, is a worldwide hit…and we’re just getting started!
Our Programmers take point on technical decisions, work on optimizing the engine and fixing bugs, get to be creative and own gameplay systems, and are expected to research new development techniques. Programmers at Phosphor Games work closely with art and design teams to establish realistic expectations while still achieving a high-quality fun factor.
Our main studio is located in Chicago, IL. Right Near the new Google building. We have a competitive benefits package, flexible work schedule, and are based in a very livable and cool city!
- Develop C++ code that is easy to understand and maintain in Unreal Engine 4
- Quickly learn our build and development environment, and become an expert on the game engine in which you are working
- Participate in code reviews and provide technical guidance for other developers on the team
- Take ownership over your code and systems and work to improve those systems autonomously
- Be proactive about continually improving our development environment and process
- Be a fun and upbeat team member, and help your teammates become better game developers
- For Engine: Take charge of making sure our platform builds are working and running at rate, within memory and disk space limitations, and with acceptable load times
- For Engine: Optimize game and engine systems in order to ship products
- B.S. in Computer Science or Computer Game Development, or related discipline
- 3+ years experience as a professional game programmer
- Have completed and shipped at least 1 UE4 Engine game with a full team (Programing, Design, Art)
- For Engine: Expert in C++ and highly knowledgeable about modern software engineering principles (Source Control, Continuous Integration, etc.)
- For Engine: Experience analyzing performance problems and optimizing engine and gameplay systems
- For Engine: Experience finding and fixing low level bugs in engine code
- Experience using UE3 and/or Unity engines
- Experience in web technologies like in AWS, AZURE, backend dev, or full stack dev, etc.
- For Engine: Experience shipping games on current console platforms
- For Engine: Experience with graphics programming or debugging of graphics bugs
- For Engine: Experience with multiplayer game development or low level networking
- For Engine: Experience with a major middleware package (PhysX, WWise, etc)
Phosphor Games is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy. People from all walks of life irrespective of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, and disability are encouraged to apply.