Proponent Federal Credit Union
Member Relationship Representative
Proponent Federal Credit Union's Home Office is located in Nutley or Montclair, NJ. We are an institution providing financial products and services to Select Employer Groups in our communities as well as throughout the U.S.
The Membership Relationship Representative operates in a pro-active sales and service environment, identifying sales opportunities and developing full account relationships with members. This person is responsible for servicing members accounts through problem solving, responding to inquiries, initiating research and follow-through. You will provide the highest quality member service and assistance answering member inquiries regarding Credit Union products and services and meeting their financial needs. Additionally you will be responsible for cross-selling Credit Union products and services while growing the business by providing the best member service and building the business through referrals.
- Identify potential sale opportunities; explain products and services available to members in order to develop a full account relationship.
- Follow compliance regulations, policies and procedures in opening new accounts.
- Participate in new employee orientation sales presentations and special promotional events.
- Adhering to Proponent operating principles, service existing accounts through problem solving, responding to inquiries, initiating research when necessary and follow through until resolved.
- Educate new and existing members on current loan products. Initiate loan application process and perform loan closings. Originate mortgage applications in accordance with SAFE Act regulations.
- Accurately input confidential account information into database to perform and process a variety of transactions.
- Conduct outbound sales and follow-up calls to existing members. Maintain the highest level of responsiveness by returning phone calls and emails promptly.
- Perform miscellaneous duties and special assignments as needed. May process daily reports and complete service requests.
Experience & Background
- High School Diploma or equivalent, college courses a plus
- 3 plus years relevant experience
- Strong customer service skills
- Team player with solid interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Generous medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k with company match
- 5 weeks of Paid Time Off
- Business casual dress
- Respect for work-life balance
- Special discounts on travel, recreation and day-to-day activities