PWC Builders is a full-service Builder specializing in Senior Living, Commercial, Hospitality, Historic Preservation, and Lifestyle construction projects. Offering advanced, turn-key project and construction management services we perform approximately 30 projects annually nationwide.
Superintendent | Washington, D.C.
PWC Builder is looking for a Superintendent to join the construction team. This role is responsible for all the field employees on a project and will ensure that projects are built according to plans and specifications. They will supervise work of carpenters, laborers and subcontractor. They are responsible with project management for ensuring that the material, tools/equipment, information, and employee requirements on the jobsite are in the proper place in a timely fashion. This role will be responsible for the folllowing day to day tasks:
- Responsible for managing complex commercial/federal projects, to ensure that projects are completed according to Master Contract, Schedule and Budget
- Effectively communicate with client, landlord’s representative, engineers, architects, employees and subcontractors
- Coordinate all field activities and the timely completion of all work performed by subcontractor trades
- Monitor construction for strict compliance with plans and specifications
- Ensure proper materials and methods are used in construction
- Ensure that quality work is performed
- Manage and track materials and manpower to meet all deadlines
- Proactively identify conflicts or problems and communicate them to stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all safety procedures are following within the guidelines of OSHA, federal, state and local laws
- Ensure that labor and EEOC laws are followed on job sites
- Maintain accurate daily construction log, time sheets, safety reports, and incident reports
- Maintain up-to-date project drawings
- Schedule and coordinate all inspections
- Responsible for timely close-out and punch-list completion
Experience and Background
- High School Diploma required; two years of college preferred
- Must have 8 years experience as lead superintendent on commercial interior, retail or Federal Government projects
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, blue prints, schematics, scope of work, and other written instructions
- Proven track record of client satisfaction and profitability
- Ability to create three-week look ahead schedules
- Ability to positively identify quality of completed work.
- Strong software skills, Microsoft Office, SharePoint, MS projects
- Good experience using Project Management Software, such as Procore or Prolog