Established in 2006, Resolute Bank is a full-service community bank specializing in relationship banking for small to mid-sized businesses, medical professionals, real estate professionals and residents.
The purpose of the Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) position is to generate business by providing professional financial services to customers specific to the purchasing, or refinancing of a residential real estate property. Due to the nature of this sales position, MLOs work rather independently, continually obtaining and developing relationships with borrowers, realtors, builders, financial planners, personal contacts, and other valuable referral sources. MLOs are responsible for upholding the organizational commitment to its borrowers, maintaining a high standard in customer service and professional ethics. MLOs report to the Branch Manager.
Tasks & Duties
- Meet with applicants to obtain information for loan applications and to answer questions about the process.
- Obtain and compile copies of loan applicants' credit histories, income documentation, assets statements and other financial information.
- Review loan applications to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Stay abreast of new types of loans and other financial services and products in order to better meet customers' needs.
- Submit applications to credit analysts for verification and decision recommendation by the underwriter.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience as a loan originator
- Satisfaction of state licensing requirements and other regulatory standards must be met
- Completion of the Anti-Money Laundering, Fair Lending, and Equity Origination trainings are required
- Technologically savvy and comfort in learning new computer systems and programs
- Ability to analyze financial data and comprehend market fluctuations
- Working knowledge of lending guidelines and a thorough understanding of the process and procedures
- Health insurance coverage
- Casual and enthusiastic atmosphere
- Opportunity for vertical growth within organization
- Full technology suite including: LOS, Integrated CRM, Web-based apps and more.
- Extremely competitive compensation
- Federally chartered bank.
- License exempt in all 50 states.
- Minimal layers of management.
- Very competitive pricing
- Great niche programs such as 100% FHA with no income ceiling and 95% Jumbo programs