Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Quality Lead in Technology, you'll develop and own testing strategies across multiple highly technical teams, dedicated to delivering millions of awesome player experiences by improving Riot's games and services throughout development. In this critical role, your Quality Assurance experience combined with coding background, mastery of systems, and gaming experience allow you to air drop into highly technical teams and design sustainable testing strategies and solutions. Your ability to rapidly switch between testing strategy, execution, metric collection and analysis will help you drive engineers, artists and designers to healthy quality goals.
- Educated and experienced: you've earned your CS degree or equivalent experience; in your 3+ years experience you've developed white box test plans and scripted solutions to solve technical problems
- Knowledgeable: you know the ins and outs of all phases of software development with expertise in game, client, or platform services; you're a pro with software version control and are preferably agile or lean in your development approach
- A critical thinker: you understand where and why systems fail and can easily differentiate good software from incomplete solutions; nothing excites you like learning and leveraging a new piece of technology, then pinpointing all the ways it could collapse
- A problem assassin: you're a skilled lateral thinker, pulling insight from other industries and free-associating yourself into unique perspectives on problems; your refined analytical and creative thinking skills help you solve the glitchiest of conundrums
- An exterminator: you bring extensive experience with bug management systems, bug tracking and bug reporting
- Technically optimized: you know software version control and understand how to build technology solutions to test software; the Capability Maturity Model might be taped to your refrigerator
- Player-focused: as a gamer yourself, you listen to player needs and have a varied gaming background across genres
- Develop sustainable testing strategies for technical feature teams
- Improve how developers and other QA test their work and collect metrics via technology based solutions
- Communicate risks, defects, and coverage reports to development teams, turning potential problems into new accomplishments
- Provide QA signoff on product release readiness, promising awesome player experiences
- Drive effective metrics collection and analysis