Riverside Transportation Solutions
Transportation Freight Broker
Initiate and close transactions within the scope of the Transportation Department. Perform activities with both new and established customers to ensure continual profitable relationships.
TRANSPORTATION FREIGHT BROKER | HENRICO, VA
- Perform duties in a way that promotes the companies Mission, Vision and Values.
- Accept loads from customers and properly match equipment to these loads in order to provide the right blend of cost effective, on-time service.
- Utilize the Company’s dispatch system to enter and maintain customer orders 4. Complete all necessary load information for drivers pay and customer billing
- Contact carriers to follow-up on proof of deliveries and other required paperwork
- Handle all aspects of customer service for loads from “cradle to grave”
- Set pickup and delivery appointments to comply with the customers’ needs
- Plan the maximum use of key Riverside Logistics assets
- Manage the status of loads to insure that all customer delivery needs are met
- Communicate effectively with other staff to insure that all loads get covered
- Handle loads within established timeframes to ensure that Profits targets are met
- Maintain positive Customer Relationships using multiple-media formats
- Review daily sales and brokerage reports to ensure their accuracy
- Work independently and produce successful completion of all assigned duties
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required BS / BA College Degree preferred
- Three to Five Years of Transportation Industry experience preferred
- Three to Five Years’ experience with Transportation Management Systems
- Basic Transportation Broker Certificate fully paid for when acquired within first 30 days
- TIA Certified Transportation Broker certification preferred
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to effectively communicate in both a verbal and written fashion
- Proficiency required in the use of the Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Be able to travel within an assigned sales area to promote sales
- Uncapped commissions plus competitive base salary
- Benefits - medical, dental, vision. life insurance company provided. disability long and short term
- 401K with company match. paid time off
- 6 major holidays.