Rossi Paint Stores
Outside Sales Representative
We are a 4th generation retail paint operation with 6 locations spread between northern NJ and Staten Island Ny. We primary sell Benjamin Moore Paints, however we also sell many lines of industrial coatings, wallpaper, safety and affiliated equipment. Our typical customer ranges from the walk in DIY customer to large corporations with in-house staff painters, governments entities etc.
OUTSIDE SALES | NEW JERSEY
We are seeking an outside sales representative that will split their time between Bergen County, NJ and Staten Island, New York developing accounts in an outside sales role.
Outside retail sales representatives are responsible for attaining strategic growth targets through end-user accounts, with a emphasis on small and medium painting contractors. Responsibilities include developing business plans that focus on contractors/maintenence accounts in excess of $10,000 in paint purchases, developing leads through strong communications with store managers and employees and projecting new potential growth opportunities.
- Works with various store managers to direct business appropriately.
- Develop, evaluate and maintain an effective sales marketing plan for area.
- Ensure market growth through effective account prospecting and increasing purchasing orders.
- Visit contractors’offices to establish relationships, plus educate them on store products and services.
- Ensure growth and relationships with contractors and end users through market development planning.
- Identifies new selling opportunities in alignment with market strategies.
- Visit job sites reviewing Construction Market Data, Dodge reports, in an effort to gain knowledge of jobs to either inquire or present as a lead to paintingcontractors.
- Knowledge of job aids and specifications.
- Sets pricing on specific jobs.
- Attend trade shows or other relevant functions to obtain competitive information.
- Keeps all records as described by management, including but not limited to call sheets and sales records.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- Two or four year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the professional contractor business.
- Experience in developing and implementing business plans.
- Effective market development and assessment knowledge.
- Effective relationship building skills that include excellent communication, speaking and listening skills.
- Strong analytical skills that include effective problem solving and identifying opportunities for success.
- Demonstration of strong sales capabilities.
- Exhibits effective leadership and motivational skills.
- Ability to sell products as a package of quality service, not just price.
- Personal Computer literate with company systems.
- Effective time management skills.
- Valid driver’s license