River Collective was founded to serve the medical cannabis community in California. Members of our team come from within the cannabis industry – as master growers, artisans, brokers, vendors, activists, and patients – as well as professionals from the wine and spirits industry who lend their expertise in brand building and operational logistics. We believe in paying fair prices to farmers and we are able to do so by making distribution affordable through economies of scale.
We founded River Collective knowing that we could build a great business serving producers, retailers, and patients, but only if the laws were there to protect us. New laws coming into effect will allow us to move forward collectively as an industry as the Federal Government begins to recognize California as having “robust regulatory controls on paper and in practice, with strong and effective regulatory and enforcement systems.” We view our role in the regulated system as a partner in compliance and a champion for progress.
The Account Manager focuses on building relationships with and providing exceptional customer service to retailers. This position focuses on driving sales for all RVR brands through direct sales and regional market planning.
This is a high-visibility position requiring frequent engagement and regular communication with collective owners, buyers, staff and patients. Knowledge of the RVR portfolio and ability to explain the features and benefits of each product line, vis-à-vis the competition, is essential.
- Store Calls and Territory Management:
- Establish weekly and bi-weekly store visit cycles to all accounts within assigned region.
- Identify top targets and develop/maintain relationships with Collective Owners, Buyers, Budtenders and Security Teams
- Identify educational opportunities, conduct Budtender trainings when possible and appropriate, and make appointments for follow up with training events for all RVR Brands
- Identify cross-merchandising opportunities throughout the collective and work with buyers, and collective leadership to implement additional placement throughout the collective.
- Develop and maintain storefront and delivery-only accounts via in-person weekly meetings. Supplement communication via email and social channels.
- Research and understand state and local regulations in assigned territory to help ensure compliance in packaging, marketing, distribution, etc.
- Plan and execute in-store product demos and allocates marketing and promotional materials to strengthen brand visibility.
- Updates and maintains client account status, sales history, action items, and contact info in CRM system.
Experience & Background
- University or college degree in business or marketing is an asset
- 3-5 years of previous experience in field sales
- Exceptional Microsoft Office knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Comfort and skill in problem solving and resolving customer issues
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Previous CRM use is an asset
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve and drive to succeed
- You are a team player
- You strive for success and happiness in all areas of your life
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
- You believe in the cannabis industry’s potential
- Competitive compensation plan
- Monthly product at wholesale
- Flexible extended health/dental Plan
- Generous car allowance
- Cell phone reimbursement