Schmitt Industries, Inc. designs, manufactures and markets highly precise test, measurement and process control systems for a wide variety of industrial and commercial applications, including grinding process monitoring and control, surface finish and microroughness measurement, laser-based non-contact dimensional and distance measurement lasers and remote propane tank level monitoring.
Electronics Engineer | Portland, OR
We are looking for an experienced and skilled Electronics Engineer to join the team. This role is responsible for the following:
- Research, develop, design and test a wide range of machinery, both as standard products and with custom features, according to requirements of individual customers.
- Prepares design sketches, layouts and schematics as part of a design team.
- Selects raw materials and components; develops specs for product(s)
- Develops cost estimates based on specs.
- Performs stress tests, analyzes data, prepares reports and makes comparisons with similar proves designs.
- Prepares preliminary and detailed design drawings using the Auto Cad or Pro/Engineer Cad package and directs the work of designers, drafters and technicians as required.
- Develops and monitors control systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed by supervisor
Experience and Background
- B.S. in electronic engineering.
- At least five years of directly related experience.
- Strong Analog design experience
- Experience with transducer or acoustic systems design a plus
- Solid knowledge of Mentor Graphics PCB design suite a plus.
- Good analytical and technical skills.
- Good administrative, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work as an individual contributor or team player.