Email / CRM Marketing Manager
- a tech company changing the way the world reads
- a membership that gives users access to the world’s largest online library of books, audiobooks, magazines, and sheet music
We value trying new things, craftsmanship, being an open book, and the people that make our team great.
Join us and build something meaningful.
The Email / CRM Marketing Manager will build and integrate Scribd’s email strategy across the organization.
This person will be a talented professional who combines strategic vision with demonstrated email marketing experience. This position requires a seasoned professional who can translate business objectives into strategies and project plans. Metrics driven, this position requires an experienced eye towards ROI targets and is someone that can analyze large volumes of data and can make key business decisions in a fast-paced environment.
The Email / CRM Marketing Manager will implement email programs including promotional emails, lifecycle emails, and automated programs for Scribd’s subscription reading service. This is an excellent opportunity to build and own a global email program with over 30 million subscribers.
- Own email program strategy and implementation, including marketing and promotional programs, transactional campaigns, and behavioral trigger programs.
- Produce, launch, schedule, and analyze email campaigns in ExactTarget.
- Conduct email quality assurance to ensure flawless execution.
- Compile campaign results, provide campaign optimization suggestions, identify best practices, and assist in institutionalization of key learnings.
- Develop creative briefs and work directly with designers to facilitate creative development.
- Suggest new processes and procedures for enhancing email operations.
- Provide input and new ideas to continuously improve Scribd’s email programs.
- 7 years in email marketing role.
- Hands-on experience with ExactTarget email management system.
- Fast learner and ability to set direction and execute in a quickly evolving environment.
- Knowledge of HTML and SQL.
- Strong analytical mind.
- Excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills.
- Experience working with creative agency and / or designer preferred.
- Ability to learn technical systems and in-house tools quickly.
- Must be able to multitask to meet deadlines while maintaining high quality of work.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- We are located in downtown San Francisco, just a few minutes’ walk from BART
- 100% employer covered Medical/Dental/Vision for regular, full-time employees
- We have a small budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
- We have a lot of trust with very little bureaucracy
- Three meals a day, catered from local restaurants
- Coffee and tea runs every afternoon
- Apple laptops and Thunderbolt displays
- Company events that include monthly happy hours and offsites (past events include Safari West, Stinson Beach, ski trips, etc.)