Senior Living Residences
Resident Care Director
Resident Care Director | Cambridge, MA
The primary functions of the Resident Care Director include managing, directing and developing a comprehensive care program for all residents of the community which may include traditional Assisted Living residents as well as those in our specialized Alzheimer’s and Dementia care neighborhood. The Resident Care Director serves as a liaison with family members, community agencies and care providers. The ideal candidate for this Full-time Resident Care Director position will have an acute sense of responsibility and moral integrity with a sincere desire to work with elders.
Background and Experience
- Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse who is a graduate of an approved nursing program with valid Massachusetts nursing license or otherwise meets the requirements of EOEA Assisted Living regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree required and at least two years experience with elderly or disabled individuals.
- Excellent management and interpersonal skills.
- Strong assessment and care planning skills.
- Experience with residents with Alzheimer’s disease and other types of dementia.
- Computer literacy required.
- An acute sense of responsibility and moral integrity.
- Sincere desire to work with residents and ability to deal with residents under all conditions.
- Being compassionate and patience is essential; level-headed and calm in emergencies.
- Ability to cooperate with other associates in a team environment.
- Must be willing to perform non-essential duties as needed. Must possess a spirit of cooperation and enthusiasm in order to create an atmosphere conducive to growth.
- Must be able to handle the physical requirements of the job including standing, sitting, bending and moving residents (one person assist).
- Must have means of transportation to complete assessments for new and returning residents.
- Provide a comprehensive initial assessment of all residents prior to moving in.
- Develop initial service plan in coordination with family and other relevant care providers and provide regular reassessments.
- Assure that resident’s service plan is properly implemented by community staff.
- Recruit, interview, hire, train (new hire and ongoing), schedule and supervise all RCAs. Closely mentor, guide and direct the RCAs in all aspects of their job.
- Assuring compliance with all resident care related regulations (e.g., medication management)
- Responsible for management of wellness budget.
- Understand and comply with EOEA Assisted Living regulations.
- Monitor resident quality of care on a daily basis.
- Coordinate ancillary health and therapeutic services for residents if needed and/or requested.
- Arrange for emergency treatment when required.
- On-call responsibilities as scheduled to assure that personal care staff has adequate backup.
- Assure that all appropriate communication regarding resident care issues is shared with other departments in a timely manner.
- Maintain all accurate records of resident care files.
- Conduct tours and community outreach, and conduct assessments of potential residents within 24 hours.
- Serve as “Manager on duty” on a rotating weekend schedule with other managers and participate in holiday coverage.
- Participate in social activities with residents as scheduled.