Solutions Architect Team Lead
Since 2003, we’ve been developing simple, affordable monitoring solutions to help our clients monitor the safety and stability of their critical structures. Our approach starts by listening to your concerns. Ranging from structural engineers to data analysts, our team will work in tandem with your team to match the most cost-effective solution to the variables you need to measure.
We don’t just set up SENSR monitors and walk away. We work in partnership with your employees to develop and execute detailed monitoring plans. The reports you receive from us contain far more than just raw data. We’re a true partner prepared to offer valuable insight into potential problems and opportunities.
This position will report directly to the Engineering Manager, and will work closely with the Chief Technology Officer and Senior Engineer - Structural Response Monitoring. With direction and support from the Engineering Manager, and in collaboration with the Product Development Team, the incumbent will be responsible for the conceptualization, design and programming of SENSR’s Web Development Software. Initially, this position will supervise a software-systems engineer and will be responsible for writing code (as necessary) to ensure that development timelines are met and that requests for software enhancement are addressed promptly and professionally. As the company grows, this position will oversee additional software engineering staff.
- Understand and embrace our vision and our business philosophy, and passionately focus on meeting and exceeding our customers’ expectations.
- Assume primary responsibility for the completion and future enhancement of software development for SENSRsi, our proprietary structural monitoring platform.
- Oversee and engage in the design, development, testing, deployment and maintenance of SENSRsi, afull system with a Web UI/Interface and Web-Service-based backend, both of which must be supported.
- Develop new detection schemes, user enhancements, UX/UI, etc. and ensure ongoing maintenance is performed on time to SENSRsi and other SENSR products.
- Manage the migration of SENSRsi from the current server-based web site into a modern cloud based application.
- Help identify intellectual Property within our software that may be patentable.
- Ensure the security of all sensitive customer data.
- Create and use Web APIs.
- Intelligently display and represent large quantities of data, developing user-friendly graphing, charting and data visualization.
- Set schedules and deliverables for the Web Development Team and consistently meet them.
- Ensure that Windows desktop applications are maintained and enhance existing applications for our products.
- Maintain Windows driver packages for our GP and CX devices.
- Develop and validate algorithms for threshold definition, detection, depiction, and notification based on baseline data and customer defined criteria.
Experience & Background
- Five+ Years of experience in web development, including lead responsibility for a successful development team
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to supervise others in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- Strong Mathematics background, numerical processing and analysis, machine learning, pattern recognition.
- Operating Systems: Linux, Microsoft Windows Desktop & Server
- Programming Languages: Object-oriented background in C++, C# or Java is required
- Database: Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB, SQLite
- Web Servers: Microsoft IIS, Apache, nginx
- Web Hosting: Azure, AWS, Hosting.com
- Internet Technologies: HTML 5, CSS 3, JSON, FTP, SSH, SMS, SMT
- Version Control: SVN, GIT
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL CONDITIONS
- Role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, printers, copiers, telephones, voice mail systems and other office equipment.
- Ability to read construction drawings, diagrams, printed materials and computer screens.
- Ability to record data clearly and write passages for reports, letters, etc.
- Frequently required to sit, walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, squat, kneel, crawl, speak and hear.
- Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Limited travel may be required to meet with third-party contractors or attend meetings with customers, vendors and development partners.