We understand great cultures don't just happen, they’re cultivated. They take creativity, a willingness to be different, and a desire to improve people's lives in and out of the office. Our goal is to provide a straightforward lending process by providing fast, efficient service while maintaining the highest levels of quality.
Service First, an 18 year old company with a history of proven reputation and track record of performance, is passionate about empowering our team and our customers with the responsible financial management knowledge to promote smart financial habits. We actively recruit and hire energetic, positive and productive people to ensure we are prepared to understand our customers’ needs and provide a reliable, systematic experience.
We believe that we are better together and collaboration is vital to our success. Together, we continue to support the real estate community through our well trained, top performing retail loan originators who exemplify the Power of S3 built on Speed, Service and Synergy. Our Emerging and responsive organization is one that’s innovative, nimble and quick, and built around the idea that people are not just a number at Service First
At Service First, our unique values serve as a compass for our actions and are the foundation of our culture.
- We promote innovation and are purposefully dynamic in our growth processes. We change, not just for the good of ourselves, but for the good of everyone involved.
We hire people with the ability to think creatively, who use inspiration and imagination to solve problems by looking at them from unexpected perspectives.
We hire people with the ability to question assumptions and offer solutions that seem impossible; take calculated risks; take what might be seen as a problem and turn it into an opportunity; are able to bring paradigm shifts in product, processes or systems because of their thoughts and new ways of thinking; give feasible ideas and not just tangent thoughts.
We are looking for a special Mortgage Loan Originator to join our team. This person will generate business by providing professional financial services including purchasing or refinancing residential real estate. The Loan Officer markets Service First Mortgage’s line of quality mortgage products to self-sourced customer leads, with the objective of making the loan process to be an experience that exceeds the expectations of all of the parties involved.
Tasks & Duties
- Approve loans within specified limits, and refer loan applications outside those limits to management
- Analyze applicants' financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Obtain and compile copies of loan applicants' credit histories, corporate financial statements, and other financial information.
- Secure locked interest rate as quoted to client.
- Ensure borrower qualifies for loan program by collecting all supporting documentation, and managing any roadblocks during loan process
- Continuing to develop and follow daily, weekly, monthly and annual plans.
- Review loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Stay abreast of new types of loans and other financial services and products in order to better meet customers' needs.
- Submit applications to credit analysts for verification and recommendation.
- Secure a locked interest rate as quoted to the client, and ensure the borrower qualifies for the loan program.
Required Skills & Experience
- 1+ years’ experience in the mortgage lending industry, with a high percentage of purchase business.
- Possess a current mortgage loan originator license for applicable state(s) or willingness to complete licensing process.
- Previous loan origination experience demonstrated through past volume, industry reputation, and commitment to quality business.
- Well versed in mortgage industry sales, customer service, marketing, setup, processing, underwriting, closing and software automation.
- Excellent presentation, communication and negotiation skills.
- Aptitude for self-development and learning.
- Self-motivated with a drive to excel and the ability to inspire and motivate others.
- Ability to gather data from multiple sources, test assumptions, evaluate alternatives and make recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to self-source business.
- Ability to work within a structure, take direction and be a strong team player.
- Competitive compensation program with opportunity to increase your payout based on production level
- Medical, Dental, Vision,Basic Life, Voluntary Life with AD&D, Short-Term Disability and Long Term Disability, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, and Legal Assistance
- Best in class non linear fulfillment process: 1-day underwriting turn times, 15-business day average app – CTC, low file to processor ratio, underwriting scenario desk with same day response, processing in local branches, and average CD releases 5 days prior to closing
- CEO and Leadership team that are different. Built by Loan Officers, for Loan Officer
- Loan Officer-centric, purchase driven, and focused on our referral partners (Realtors, Builders, etc.)
- Investment in the growth of our people (marketing, coaching, recognition, training)
- Industry leading compensation philosophy