Service Works Inc.
The Applications/Systems Engineer is a high level position with responsibilities to include but not limited to, system design engineering, management of project creation documentation and job folder hand-off for installation scheduling, creation of project drawings as required, quality control, pre-bid/pre-sale assistance and engineering review of proposals, coordination and creation of documentation to include standards and practice manuals as well as theory of operations and others as needed on a project by project basis.
General Job Responsibilities
- Application engineering designs to ensure proper equipment selections are included and properly budgeted at the onset of projects.
- Assist in pre-sale activities, including proposal creation and assembly, modification of computer presentations and customer budget / sales spreadsheets.
- Create block diagrams and materials used to convey functionality and high level goals for a project to internal staff and customers.
- Assist in project estimating in coordination with field project managers and sales department.
- Attend pre-sale and post-sale analysis meetings to teach others and learn from best practices utilized and look for areas of improvement.
- Responsible for job folder creation, engineering design, construction drawings as well as loading project plan and schedules in coordination with Project Managers and Installation Department for the purpose of hand-off and Installation Scheduling.
- Engineering sales support and review of the functionality and design of systems being proposed by sales or consultants.
- Responsible for the adequacy of drafting and professional services hours included in project estimates.
- Coordinate and maintain an open line of communication among the sales force, project managers, engineers, consultants, manufacturers and clients.
- Provide analysis of new products for acceptance or rejection into the SWI standard product offering.
- Create and maintain project and departmental tools and databases as well as sharing of best practices using computer applications such as Visio, AutoCAD, WeSuite, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Responsible for training of Sales and others on application / product features and differentiators.
Experience & Background
- 5+ years experience as an engineer in the security industry.
- Expert knowledge of video and access control systems and security integration.
- Working understanding of AC/DC theory is used on a daily basis
- Experience working with computers at a systems level o Understanding of CAD and drafting techniques
- Experience or background in project management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a 4-year electronic trade school or equivalent field experience.
- Prior Engineering Management experience.
- Ability to function as an effective team leader / member
- Strong decision making, capable of carrying out responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Must be capable of drafting technical documentation as required.
Specific System Requirements
- Software House C.Cure 9000
- Honeywell ProWatch
- AMAG Symmetry
- Competitive pay structure based on experience
- Company sponsored certifications and training
- 401k and profit sharing plan
- Health insurance offered
- Dental and Vision coverage
- Encompassing PTO package
- Flexible in office schedule
- Company sponsored seasonal parties
- Fast paced work environment