Sales Manager (CPG) – Chicago, IL
Sales Manager Role
The Sales Manager as an integral member of the Sales team and is a hunter who will identify, develop new sales opportunities, creating a pipeline funnel to build company's client base. The role will also be responsible for the Shopko relationship. Responsibilities may include the management of Sales Representatives or Sales Coordinators, where appropriate.
- Actively promote the sale of the company's products by seeking growth with existing customers, generating new sales leads and business opportunities, and building business with existing customers as assigned.
- Implement a sales program and set sales goals utilizing the company's planning and communication tools.
- Develop sales presentations in a professional and effective manner, to include maintaining up to date awareness of company activities, industry trends, and other relative issues for assigned accounts.
- Consult constantly with customers after sales meetings to resolve open issues, provide continuing support and solutions, and manage customer expectations.
- Work with the appropriate customers and the company's Planning team to forecast customer inventory and planning requirements, with the goals to maximize inventory turn and reduce inventory liabilities.
- Communicate weekly business development progress through a weekly sales update and sales forecast management tool.
Sales Manager Requirements
- Must be a hunter, driven, and passionate
- 5+ years sales experience
- Bachelors degree
- 25%- 50% Travel
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must meet time sensitive deadlines
- The ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate the ability to build consensus, while balancing company and customer objectives