We work face-to- face and virtually with borrowers to prequalify you, verify the credit and property aspects of the loan and make sure you are protected in all areas of the transaction. We can help you make sense out of your credit and offer tips on improving it. We understand that your home is likely your biggest investment. Our specialized approach will help you to maximize the returns on your investment, all while minimizing the cost involved. Licenses in 26 states, we will help you through the whole process from beginning to end to ensure you have the best experience possible, no matter where you are.
Our experienced staff will help you chose the right mortgage program with the best possible terms for you. And we’ll be with you through the entire process, which is especially helpful for first-time buyers. We’ll familiarize you with all the terminology, documents and procedures that you’ll encounter throughout the transaction.
The purpose of the Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) position is to generate business by providing professional financial services to customers specific to the purchasing, reversing, or refinancing of a residential real estate property. Due to the nature of this sales position, MLOs work rather independently, continually obtaining and developing relationships with borrowers, realtors, builders, developers, personal contacts, and other valuable referral sources. MLOs are responsible for upholding the organizational commitment to its borrowers, maintaining a high standard in customer service and professional ethics. MLOs report to the Branch Manager.
Tasks & Duties
- Engages in business development activities and solicitation of new business; actively involved in instilling and maintaining a positive sales environment
- Interviews prospective applicants and requests specified information related to loan or credit application; corresponds or re-interviews applicants to resolve questions regarding application information.
- Performs pre-qualification assessment and analysis of financial condition and risk of financing requests within framework of Bank credit culture and current economic and industry trends.
- Gathers and analyzes all information necessary to present a financing request to senior management or Loan Committee for approval; meets with existing or potential customers; visiting sites of loans; negotiates loan terms and conditions; approves loans within established lending limits or refers and recommends acceptance to Senior Management or Loan Committee.
- Coordinates processing of approved loans; ensures loans are processed according to agreement, customer needs and conform to Bank lending policies; obtains sufficient information and/or documentation from customers; solves problems relative to processing and servicing of loans within his or her portfolio; approves loan disbursements in accordance with agreements.
- Responsible for evaluating credit worthiness and preparing file for underwriting that represents the borrowers’ ability to qualify for a mortgage loan in the amount requested with the collateral desired.
- Responsible for obtaining and verifying information, appraisal and title.
- Interviews and counsels members; check qualifications for approval.
- Closes loan files.
- Ability to submit complete loan application packages.
- Ability to maintain quotas as defined.
- Any other duties as directed.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in loan origination.
- Satisfaction of state licensing requirements and other regulatory standards must be met.
- Completion of the Anti-Money Laundering, Fair Lending, and Equity Origination trainings are required.
- Technological savvy and comfort in learning new computer systems and programs.
- Ability to analyze financial data and comprehend market fluctuations.
- Working knowledge of lending guidelines and a thorough understanding of the process and procedures.
- Casual and enthusiastic atmosphere.
- Opportunity for vertical growth within organization.