Slate Property Group
Slate Property Group is a vertically integrated owner, operator, and developer of commercial and residential real estate in the New York metropolitan area. From adaptive reuse and existing asset repositions to ground-up residential development, our team leverages proven expertise, a diverse set of capabilities, and a regimented and planned approach to provide our investors with superior risk adjusted returns. Over the past 5 years, the principals of Slate Property Group have purchased in excess of $500 Million in real estate assets showing above market returns through various value add strategies.
Project Manager | New York, NY
Slate Property Group is building over 1,000 units in Brooklyn is looking for an experienced and reliable Project Manager. The ideal candidate must have well document experience of at least 5 years in new construction, both residential and commercial, as well as gut renovations and must be able to manage a project from the design stages to final TCO. Responsibilities are to include:
- Review and assist the design team during the preconstruction phase.
- Direct Value Engineering.
- Hold knowledge of DOB codes and requirements assisting the expeditors with job fillings and permitting.
- Review architectural, structural and MEP drawings to determine conflicts and resolve them in the pre-construction stage avoiding mistakes, omissions and resulting change orders.
- Analyzw the construction documents and developing logistics plans.
- Prepare bid packages, oversee procurement, establish scopes of work and prepare trade contracts.
- Create accurate construction schedules projections.
- Attend and lead all meetings with Owners, design team, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Direct and oversea subcontractors and the quality of their work while adhering to the schedule and controlling the budged of the project.
- Oversee site safety requirements and work closely with safety consultants and site suppers.
- Compile and keep track of all project documentation.
- Review and approve all subcontractor payment applications.
- Create, maintain and submit timely all project payment requisitions to bank or Owner.
- Maintain good relations with all government inspection agencies.
- Prepare the necessary documentation and execute timely all sign-offs.
- Prepare and execute on schedule all requirements for TCO and final CO.
Experience & Background
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Architecture or Project Management
- 10 years experience in construction with 5 years in new ground up construction.
- 10 or 30 hours OSHA
- Proficient in MS Office, MS Project, Adobe Acrobat, Outlook and Internet navigation.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Team player with strong team leader abilities.
- Strong technical knowledge for the review of shop drawings, submittals and as build drawings.