Southern Hobby Supply
Southern Hobby Supply is a well-established company with a 26 year business history. We are a mid-size company with a great growth rate and have 5 locations in Nashville TN, Chicago IL, St. Louis Mo., Farmingdale, NY and Reno, NV. We are a wholesale Master Distributor of Sports Cards, Magic: The Gathering TC, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokémon, D&D, Pathfinder, Miniatures, supplies for comics, gaming, and sports along with memorabilia, toys, licensed products and much more for over 26 years.
Inventory Analyst | Nashville, TN
- Prepare daily reporting and analysis for buyers and management
- Prepare analysis for weekly inventory meetings, striving for balance with adequate stock levels and reduced obsolescence costs
- Participate in monthly closing process by performing various accounting duties, including: reconciliations, journal entries, review and analysis, involving primarily, Inventory and related accounts, cost of sales accounts, gross margin
- Prepare and analyze various financial reports each month including adjustment reports
- Partner with other departments and divisions to resolve inventory issues
- Assist in physical inventory process, including preparation, generating adjusting journal entries and calculating variances
- Provide support to Controller and Operations Manager for various projects, as needed
- Provide inventory reporting and analysis, and lead inventory projects for the different divisions as needed
Background and Experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook and must have good data entry skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel capabilities, including higher end functionality (Pivot Tables, Lookup Tables, Formatting, etc.)
- Understanding of system components’ effect on inventory quantity, average cost and general ledger
- Must have experience in inventory management, inventory controls and inventory reporting
- $15.00 - $18.00 based on experience
- 401K available.
- Benefits available for Health, Dental, and Disability.
- Vacation and personal day
- Advancement opportunities